It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 11:11 PM   #1
(male)

Bruce007 HB User
Question Spiro cause break outs??

I am on about a month and a half month of Spiro.. It appears that it has made my face worse.. I broke out more and see some scaring and spots.. I am very frusturated and tired. I ask my derm if this is natural she says give it about a couple of more weeks.. which i doubt..

I am usually good at seeing results from antibiotics quickly....

I am male wash my face regularly and eat sensible meals ... I used to work out a good amount, though I broke my wrist so I really cant hit the gym at the moment. I use azelex acid topical cream, it just makes my skin red and helps a little with clearing pimples.

Can anyone tell me if spiro is supposed to do this to me?? Or what other regimens I can use?

Also another q? Does marijuana cause acne...? I used to smoke a long while ago and then stopped and I just recently did it again for about a couple of weeks and then stopped again.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
Re: Spiro cause break outs??

im a guy too and im on spiro. im on 100 mgs a day.can you still have sex?if you can then your androgens are effecting your sebasious glands.if your not breaking out you wont be able to have sex.are you taking your med everyday?ithink if your totally clear for a year i would go off it because you might become permanently sterol.it suppresses testosterone.the better it works the better chance you have of becoming sterol.its an anti-androgen.if i was a derm i would only give it to a guy who was over 30.thats the main thing with this drug is it makes a guy sterol if on long enough.i dont really care myself i can live without sex.its not everything in life.i would rather have my skin clear then at least i wouldnt have been socially wrecked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 07:52 AM   #3

matahari HB User
Re: Spiro cause break outs??

Hey Bruce...

I have been on spiro for 5 days and I my skin has acually cleared up so much within these last few days. I did not have an initial breakout or anything. I am also on anitbiotics for it too.

Closed Thread