It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 07:07 AM   #1

super girl HB User
Lightbulb drugs and acne

Not sure if this helps but just wanted to say from experience cocaine and heroin make acne so much worse although if you are doing these drugs the least of your problems is the acne. Just a one more reason not to do drugs. They will ruin your life and/or kill you eventually. Alright enough said . Thanks
Super girl

Old 12-12-2003, 10:49 AM   #2

TheWildSide HB User
Re: drugs and acne

This is very true. I've volunteering at a syringe exchange and have seen a lot of bad cases of acne. I'm not sure what causes it, but it looks like their bodies are tryin to get out the toxins. When they stop using, their faces will usually clear up- and if not then maybe they'll find themselves on this board looking for help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 11:06 AM   #3

lovemyblaine HB User

Does smoking cigarettes cause acne? I am a smoker who is trying to quit mabye that would be a little incentive.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:38 PM   #4

matahari HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyblaine
Does smoking cigarettes cause acne? I am a smoker who is trying to quit mabye that would be a little incentive.

I dont think smoking has any link to causing acne. I used to smoke and my skin was always clear as a bell... but it wasnt because of smoking eather. Not to sound like a pest or anything (I know you probably hear this way too much) but your health is the greatest incentive to stop smoking!

Old 12-12-2003, 02:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matahari
I dont think smoking has any link to causing acne. I used to smoke and my skin was always clear as a bell... but it wasnt because of smoking eather. Not to sound like a pest or anything (I know you probably hear this way too much) but your health is the greatest incentive to stop smoking!
Smoking doesnt effect acne your right, but it reduces your appetite which is why alot of models do it for slimming..ive heard rumours of smoking clearing acne up..i know alot of smokers whos face are as clear as a bell..but its not worth the lung damage..

Old 12-12-2003, 08:58 PM   #6

trev511 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex773310
Smoking doesnt effect acne your right, but it reduces your appetite which is why alot of models do it for slimming..ive heard rumours of smoking clearing acne up..i know alot of smokers whos face are as clear as a bell..but its not worth the lung damage..
Whats even freakier is that cigarettes have salyclyic acid in them.... the same thing millions of people use as a face wash. Very interesting!!

Last edited by trev511; 12-12-2003 at 08:59 PM.

Old 12-15-2003, 06:51 AM   #7

xxFreakOfNaturexx HB User

can't say i've tried coke or heroin, but i know pot gives you MAJOR whiteheads...eeewww...when i smoked i used to have beautiful skin, except i'd have tons of tiny little whiteheads on the lower 1/2 of my face, it was really nasty.

pot also makes you suicidal (least it did me), and it takes *months* of failed attempts to quit. it is also a good way to get yourself RAPED. don't start!!

Old 01-04-2004, 10:08 PM   #8

kayme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxFreakOfNaturexx
pot also makes you suicidal (least it did me), and it takes *months* of failed attempts to quit. it is also a good way to get yourself RAPED. don't start!!
wow, freakofnature...that never happened to me, but I did have clear skin until I started smoking pot again. I recently stopped smoking pot after I read a couple websites that said pot can raise the levels of testosterone in women, leading to acne. DON'T SMOKE POT WOMEN!!!

Old 01-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #9

pretty_cannibal HB User

Pot is delicious and has never made me break out. In fact, if you're one to believe that stress causes acne, then the calming effect of marijuana can reduce stress, therefore reducing breakouts.

haha i love it-- i can feel someone reading this and just flaming up with rage because of what good ol' DARE taught them in first grade. It's ok though, friend. Your time will come.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

I find it distastful that you're advocating smoking pot here. Sure, common perception is that potheads are spaced out and mellow, but when they're not smoking they are prone to paranoid anxiety and irritable behaviour. I've never been addicted to any drug myself, but I've seen enough of the effects various narcotics have had on my old friends (note the use of the word "old") to know that they're life debilitating. So please refrain from offering such advice.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:48 AM   #11
Inactive

prometheus HB User

Yes same here, Jhart.

Old 01-05-2004, 07:37 PM   #12

pretty_cannibal HB User

Marijuana "life debilitating"? Oh please! I'm not denying the use of harder, more dangerous drugs causing debilitating effects, but marijuana? I am not a pot head. I only smoke once every couple months or so. I will agree that being a pothead (smoking excessively, possibly everyday) is not a healthy lifestyle, and I do not advocate that.

What I find "distasteful" is that you automatically took my opinion personally, and assumed that I was advising people to smoke pot as well. I was merely stating my opinion on the subject. You can't tell someone to refrain from stating their opinion just because it upsets you.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:31 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

You said "It's ok though, friend. Your time will come" as though you were looking to deal right here on this forum. I'm not going to get into an argument with anyone here but it's a known fact that hard drug users start out on marijuana derivatives and move on to more harmful substances. For your information, I have a friend who used to be a male model but wasted his chances of a big career because he got mild acne that he now realises was caused by the junk food he ate when he had the munchies from all the dope he was smoking.

Furthermore, I saw him recently and he told me how he's signed on because he can't hold down a job because of his drug problems. He's an intelligent guy - it's such a waste. Hopefully now you can appreciate why I'd rather we kept the discussion away from recreactional drug use, and that it is perfectly valid for me to express my upset at your flippancy on the subject. It's hard not to take something personally when it *is* personal.

Old 01-06-2004, 11:31 AM   #14

pretty_cannibal HB User

Ok, I can understand the misunderstanding with me saying "It's ok though, friend. Your time will come." What the heck did i mean by that anyway? I was trying to refer to openmindedness; being openminded about people who smoke marijuana instead of just casting them off as non-human. But how was anyone going to read all of that out of "It's ok though, friend. Your time will come"? I made that far too unclear.

When I say not to take things personally- I mean this as a reminder that I am not out there to get you; how can I be? I don't even know you or what kind of things you've been through in your life. No matter what someone says, it's going to hit some place sore with someone else. That's the risk of stating one's opinion. There can never be someone 'right' because of the experiences each individual has gone through, and how those experiences in their life affected their view of what is "right and wrong". All we can really do is hear out eachother's opinions, keeping in mind the definite differences we are bound to encounter, and respect eachother's differences.

It is obvious from what you have stated that your opinion does not come from hostility, but from love for your friend, and pain from the experience he has gone through. If any of my statements seemed hostile, they weren't intended to come across in that way. I intended passion.

We could probably keep going back and forth with this argument ( --no, let's just call this "passionate opinion swapping"--) forever with no conclusion, but what's that worth?

I apologize to whoever started this thread if I caused it to swerve off topic.

Old 01-06-2004, 05:38 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

I too apologise for going off topic. pretty_canibal, thank you for understanding my point of view and for explaining what you meant at the end of your last post. It doesn't sound as sinister as I interpreted it. Also, thank you for appreciating why I reacted sensitively. Please let me take this opportunity to apologise for making my first reply to a post of yours a hostile one when I didn't even know anything about you.

Closed Thread