It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 07:29 AM   #1

Dreamer99 HB User
Exclamation Finally decided to take B-5.. bit skeptical tho.. tell me your expierences on it!

Hey everyone, i've heard good and bad about b-5. I just ordered it from Swanson. I've read posts saying it did "wonders" for peoples skin and then some saying it made their acne "worse" what do you guys mean when you say wonders? As in completely kept you clear?? I just got off accutane a month and a half ago and my acne is slowly coming back, so is my oil, the oil is coming back full force, and I would like to keep my face clear. So b-5 looks like the best way to go. Are the side effects such as diarrhea very common? How powerful is b-5 as an acne fighter? I plan on taking 10 grams a day. Thanks for your input!

Old 12-12-2003, 07:44 AM   #2
(male)

CursedSkin HB User
Re: Finally decided to take B-5.. bit skeptical tho.. tell me your expierences on it!

ive been on b5 for two months and i acually think its better than accutane...it doesnt dry out your skin and i have experienced no side effects.....

however,i did get an initial break out, but it was gone as quick as it came....the only thing that accutane has over b5 is that it dries us acne you already have and kills it...b5 really didnt get rid of my exsisting acne, but it did prevent new acne from coming

so in other words, it is a good preventive tool, and your face will become less oily too..i have also been able to eat whatever i want and still not breakout for it..not saying you should do it though, but ill be damned if i eat those nasty health foods the rest of my life

Last edited by CursedSkin; 12-12-2003 at 07:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 09:38 AM   #3
Inactive

seamus HB User
Re: Finally decided to take B-5.. bit skeptical tho.. tell me your expierences on it!

I've been on B5 since Thanksgiving (2 weeks). I take 6 grams per day. I have no side effects. I have gone from having around 20 active zits at any one time, to about 1 or 2. It's the first thing i've ever used that has worked so effectively. Accutane did jackshit for me. I'm also assuming it's the B5 that is working, but I also started a low carb diet a few days after starting B5, so who knows.

Is there anybody out there who has seen anything about LONG term side effects for using B5?

Old 12-12-2003, 10:58 AM   #4

TheWildSide HB User

I've been on b5 for well over two years. I take A LOT- ~20g. It works better than the stuff the doctor prescribes and has kept me fairly clear. I've said before that it has gradually become less effective (NOT ineffective), but I think I've been letting my diet slip some so that I'm eating more food that make me breakout. I didn't get an initial breakout- it just started drying everything out fromday one pretty much. The diarrhea lasted about 2 weeks maybe, but wasn't severe. I wasn't getting dehydrated or anything, but a couple times I had to get to the bathroom pronto, or else....! Anymore questions, just ask.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:02 AM   #5

Dreamer99 HB User

the diarrhea eventually went away? Man... wish I started taking b-5 sooner

Closed Thread