It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 10:21 AM   #1
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User
OK, so I'm pregnant - but my face is clear!

Just found out that I'm 6 weeks pregnant. My face went from moderate acne to almost completely clear in those 6 weeks. I'm disappointed because I thought that Sunfell's diet was working but now I know that it is just the hormones. I was pregnant once before but lost the baby at 5 months. My face was completely clear for those 5 months. Two weeks after I lost the baby, bam - horrible skin.

Does anyone know why my face would clear up during pregnancy? Is it increased estrogen? Would that mean that birth control would work for my skin after the pregnancy?

BTW - Yes, I am very happy about this. I haven't told my boyfriend yet though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 12:19 PM   #2

lovemyblaine HB User
Re: OK, so I'm pregnant - but my face is clear!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Kids are great! I had a very opposite experience though. I went on accutane when I was 16 and had very clear skin untill I got pregnant at 19 and it came back with a vengance and havent been able to get rid of it since. Sorry I know this didnt help. Mabye by the time you have the baby you will have grown out of the acne!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 12:41 PM   #3
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

Did you go on borth control after the pregnancy? Did it not help?
How long has it been since your pregnancy that you have been unable to get rid of your acne?

Old 12-12-2003, 12:53 PM   #4

lovemyblaine HB User

I went on depo after the pregnancy (which I hate) and I dont think that is supposed to help acne. I cant remember to take the pill so that was not an option. My son is 19 months old. Being so happy about your pregnancy may have something to do with your new found glow. I was happy but still very stressed out.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #5
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

So if you're still on depo, I bet that's the reason for your acne.
I think I'll try Yasmin after the pregnancy.

I just wish that my skin would stay like this forever but I know it won't - i'm 28. I wish i could figure out the magic combination of hormones that is making my skin look good now. I swear, the acne just magically disappeared a few weeks ago. The only times I had clear skin since I was 23 was on accutane for a year and during my last pregnancy.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:16 PM   #6

lovemyblaine HB User

Where in colorado do you live? I live in Castle Rock.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:40 PM   #7
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

I live in Breckenridge. Have you always lived in Colorado? Sometimes I think the dryness makes my acne worse and my scars heal so slowly.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:52 PM   #8

lovemyblaine HB User

No I havent always lived in colorado, I moved here from arizona 6 years ago but thats still a very dry climate. I do find that when I go to maryland to visit my parents my skin clears up a little. My acne is very genetic though. One thing I have found that helps my acne is tea tree oil.

Old 12-12-2003, 05:21 PM   #9
(female)

el_9_el HB User

you could also try spiro after the pregnancy (congrats by the way)

Old 12-15-2003, 11:06 AM   #10
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

Yeah, I'm thinking about Spiro. But does anyone know what is going on with my hormones that would make acne magically disappear in a month? Shouldn't theoretically the birth control pill work in the same way as pregnancy?

Closed Thread