It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

GJ777 HB User
Why is one side of my face breaking out but not the other?

Yes. Why is the right side of my face breaking out bad but the left is fine? I don't understand this at all. The only thing I can think of is that I'm doing a poor job shaving on the right side of my face. It's really weird. The left side and forehead are clear but the right is red with pimples. It's like two face or something.

Can anyone explain to me why this might be happening?

Old 12-12-2003, 08:07 PM   #2
Inactive

781 HB User
Re: Why is one side of my face breaking out but not the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ777
Yes. Why is the right side of my face breaking out bad but the left is fine? I don't understand this at all. The only thing I can think of is that I'm doing a poor job shaving on the right side of my face. It's really weird. The left side and forehead are clear but the right is red with pimples. It's like two face or something.

u probably sleep on the right side of your face i had that problem too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 08:41 PM   #3

trev511 HB User

I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me and i was very annoyed by it. But after a few months the other side broke out too, even worse. It my be a sign of things to come. Try to get it under control and whatever works make sure your not just doing it to the right side of your face, because that happened to me. My right side cleared up and i kept breaking out on the left side.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:52 PM   #4
(male)

GJ777 HB User

^ Yeah, sometimes it switches up. It's almost never both sides at the same time though. It's always one side and not the other. And my chin, nose and forehead are always clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 781
u probably sleep on the right side of your face i had that problem too
Yes, I think that is the case. Several other people suggested that as well... What did you do to solve this? I think I will start changing my pillow case more frequently and hope that that helps.

Old 12-13-2003, 08:15 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

I think I touch the ride side of my face more because my right side usually breaks out more often than my left. I am right handed so maybe that could be it too (resting my head on my head or just touching my hair, face in general).

Old 12-13-2003, 07:29 PM   #6

TranscendingAbyss HB User

change your pillowcase at least once a week, wash them with bleach if possible.. and if you have long hair pin it up in fluffy scrunchies when you sleep so you can't rub the oils into your skin.

Old 12-14-2003, 12:20 AM   #7
(male)

Karl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ777

Have you ever noticed that people with acne scarring are usually more scarred on one side of their face as opposed to the other. What your referring to is not that uncommon. I once heard a doctor say that people need to dispel the myth that human beings have one unitary body;the body, in fact, is two seperate non-identical halves joined at the centre. So, you are exactly right - we've all got two faces.

Last edited by Karl2; 12-14-2003 at 12:23 AM.

Old 12-14-2003, 03:40 PM   #8

ava_28 HB User

It could be your laundry detergent. What brand are you using? I experienced that when i used Cheer or Tide. I'd break out , get red and my skin would burn. I switched to All Clear. It has no fragrance at all and no dyes.

Closed Thread