It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #1

Mr. Right HB User
Post post accutane

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with acne after taking accutane.

First of all, I used accutane for 7 months, ending with 120mg my last month. It cleared me up very very well. My skin was perfect. I started accutane 02/02 and ended acctuane 09/02. My acne began coming back 02/03, as well as the oil and nastiness.

Don't get me wrong, accutane has helped, I just didn't want to go on another treatment of accutane, my acne is manageable now.

Eating correctly has helped tremendously as well as taking supplements. I've greatly reduced my intake of carbs, unhealthy fatty foods/meats, and reduced my intake of sugars. I basically try to stay away from breads, soda, candy and fatty meats such as pork/sausage. I eat fruits/veggies, lean beef, and chicken. High protein, low carbs.

I work-out at least 3 times weekly, my work-outs consist of weight training and cardio.

I take a lot of supplements. Evening primerose oil, flax seed oil, protein shakes, glutamine, creatine, co-enzyme q-10, vitamin e, vitamin a, pro-biotics, bovine colostrum, digestive enzymes, and glucosamine & chonodroitin w/ msm.

I use retin-a at night, wash with cetaphil, moisterize with cetaphil.

Eat right + take the correct supplements + exercise =
one happy clear face

Good luck, questions welcomed.

Old 03-10-2003, 06:08 PM   #2

novatadpole HB User
HI There, I'm wondering if your derm has mentioned anything about taking a "maintanence dose"?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2003, 02:51 PM   #3

Mr. Right HB User
He did not. In fact he sort of just said goodbye, good luck. I'm leaving for the air force in May, U.S. military has rules on accutane use, where you have to stop treatment 6 months prior to signing up.

I've heard of people using maintenence doses, where they would use one months worth of accutane out of the year. I don't like the idea though, because if accutane worked and you're clear and you take a maintenence dose, how will you know if the maintenence dose is actually doing anything for you. It would waste your money, time, as well as possibly harming your body. But, it's a risk some people take in trying to relieve themselves of acne. I'd only go on a maintenence dose if I surely knew that it was doing some good.

Old 03-12-2003, 06:39 AM   #4

fumatore20 HB User
Question

Mr. Right,
Can you explain what each supplement is supposed to do for you? I am post accutane for 1.5 years now and still have dry eyes. I am taking a Flaxseed oil supplement to hopefully increase the oil production in my eye. Do you have any eye side effects? If so, can you described them?

Thanks,
Chris.

Closed Thread