It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2003, 05:13 PM  

gtrts3 HB User
My acne is migrating on my face. ????

About three years ago I started to get bad acne. The acne was mostly concentrated around the area below and in front of my ears. I started using the oil free acne washes and that kept it in check. Now in the past 6-8 months I have noticed that the acne has pretty much cleared up in that area but now it is getting really bad on my cheeks. I am still using some of the oil free washes and I have tried to incorporate much more fruit and vegies in my diet, but its not getting any better. I tried the "Natures Cure" product for about two months and it seemed to help some after about 2 weeks but then by the second month I couldn't see any more improvement.

Anyway, has any one else experienced their acne moving around their face? I am hoping that it will eventually just go away after it gets done on my cheeks. (yea right)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2003, 01:29 AM  

Cat_erpillar HB User
Wink Re: My acne is migrating on my face. ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrts3
About three years ago I started to get bad acne. The acne was mostly concentrated around the area below and in front of my ears. I started using the oil free acne washes and that kept it in check. Now in the past 6-8 months I have noticed that the acne has pretty much cleared up in that area but now it is getting really bad on my cheeks. I am still using some of the oil free washes and I have tried to incorporate much more fruit and vegies in my diet, but its not getting any better. I tried the "Natures Cure" product for about two months and it seemed to help some after about 2 weeks but then by the second month I couldn't see any more improvement.

Anyway, has any one else experienced their acne moving around their face? I am hoping that it will eventually just go away after it gets done on my cheeks. (yea right)
Have you been to see a derm? I took the 'wait and wish it away' attitude for many years, but it's not worth the misery, the sooner you get it treated the better. In the meanwhile have you tried using BP 2.5%? It works better if you pile it on and use a lot of moisturiser to countereffect drieness it causes. Hope it clears up soon. Take care and don't let it bring you down

Last edited by Cat_erpillar; 12-15-2003 at 01:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 10:17 AM  

matahari HB User
Re: My acne is migrating on my face. ????

I have also had acne that moves all over my face... it sucks! Mine likes to pop up in lots of places but lately it decided to move on over to my cheeks... and believe me... thats the worst place to get them because thats where it scars the worst! The worst thing you can do is "wait for it to go away"... it never does and it will ruin your skin! I highly suggest going to your doctor right away to seek treatment. It might be a trial and error thing for a little bit because things might not work for you. Things were looking pretty hopeless for me for a while until I came across this board. Thanks to everyones advice & suggestions & all the info... I think I'm onto something!! Instead of treating my ance from the outside with topicals, I have decided to treat it from the inside and go right to the source of the problem... my wacked out hormones and that damn acne bacteria!! I am on Spiro (anti-androgen) and Erythromycin (antibiotic) and its helping alot, but its only been a week so I can expect a miracle.

Just take the time to do a little research on this board... its well worth it!