It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2003, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

Wildpink HB User
Exclamation need advice: Yasmin, Diane35 or Tri-Cyclene (acne and weight gain? side effects?)

hi, could anyone with expieriences with use of BC pill - Ortho Tri-cyclene, Diane35 or Yasmin please tell me if they gained or lost weight,if so how much... what results were regarding acne...side effects etc. i am wanting to go on the pill for contraceptive reasons but to mainly clear my acne, i am 18 have had acne since i was 14 or so and i have used differin, eryacne, etc etc all the topical creams and then i went on accutane. it cleared my skin incredibly and it has been clear since, but i still get the pimples around certain times of the month and i feel it is now mainly due to hormonal reasons...this is why i thought i should maybe go on the pill as it may help. im just not sure which one to go on - yasmin, diane35 or tri-cyclene. any advice/help would be appreciated thanks!

Old 03-12-2003, 03:44 PM   #2

heartsicle HB User
Dear Wildpink,

Once you ask a question like this you will probably get contradictory answers. For example, I knew two girls on the same birth control regimen; one lost weight and the other gained like, 30 lbs! So it really depends on YOU.

But I'll throw in my two cents, anyway;

Ortho-Tricyclen was the first pill I was on. It gave me acne initially, but it cleared after the fourth month. I gained weight, had breast tenderness, and became extremely depressed. It also made me extremely nauseated.

Diane-35 kept me clear, but the hormones were still making me nutty. I was switched to Alesse, which made me get cystic acne (yuck).

Now I'm on Yasmin. Really nice birth control. No weight gain, maybe a change in appetite but I can still fit into my clothes. It's cleared up my acne wonderfully after three months (haven't gotten a pimple in 2 weeks. Amazing). Makes me moody, but the acne clear-up is worth it. I'm happier than I ever was w/ acne. And that's about it.
I have been on all three pills.

On

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread