It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2003, 09:02 PM   #1

Melissa1 HB User
Unhappy Day 13 of Spiro and 2 new cysts

Help anyone who has taken this. I had an initial breakout after about 7 days, then it started to heal a little bit, but now I feel two cysts starting to form. It is my time of the month but usually the acne comes before. I'm not sure whats happening. Has anyone taken Spiro with an antibiotic? I also have so many red spots, I ordered the CP serum yesterday I hope it will help.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #2
Inactive

Aries872 HB User
Re: Day 13 of Spiro and 2 new cysts

I just started spiro last Thursday. 25mg in am and 25mg in pm. I am also taking Doxycycline 100mg with it right now. The doc that I went to was a general practioner and said they were safe to take together. The doxy was working for my active cysts and I went on spiro for the oil production. So far so good.

Aries872

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 12:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

Antibiotics never work for me. I would maybe just try the spiro by itself. Sometimes I feel like our systems get so messed up by all the stuff we take. I am on 50 mg of spiro and the Yasmin bcp. Are you on a bcp? And how many milligrams of spiro are you on?

Old 01-13-2004, 01:52 PM   #4

matahari HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1
Help anyone who has taken this. I had an initial breakout after about 7 days, then it started to heal a little bit, but now I feel two cysts starting to form. It is my time of the month but usually the acne comes before. I'm not sure whats happening. Has anyone taken Spiro with an antibiotic? I also have so many red spots, I ordered the CP serum yesterday I hope it will help.
In my own opinion, I think Spiro works alot better without antibiotics. My doc put me on 25mg/day Spiro & 500 mg/day Erthromycin. My face didnt really improve much. Also my red spots (or blemishes if you will) seemed to turn bright red... even the old ones that are barely visible. I did the Spiro/Anti combo for about 3 weeks until I got really sick at Christmas and stopped taking my antibiotics (kept up the Sprio & BCP though). I got sick because the antibiotics had built up in my system...toxic reaction! It sucked so bad... I was stuck in bed on Christmas morning! I noticed that after I stopped my antibiotics my blemishes returned to a regular shade and the breakouts on my cheeks (mostly reoccuring cysts) just stopped all together. The following week I doubled my dose of Spiro and started seeing some dramatic results.

Old 01-17-2004, 05:17 PM   #5

kiki101 HB User

Hey I've been on spiro since september along with duac topical and ortho. I'm completly clear. It took me about 3 months but it works.

Closed Thread