It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2003, 12:12 PM   #1

sonia HB User
Talking Coming Off Dianette (also known as Diane 35)

Hi. I have recently stopped taking Dianette after being on it for 4 and a half years as a treatment for acne. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has been on and come off Dianette and if they could share their experience as to what happened once they stopped the Dianette. I have looked all over the net and everyone who has posted anything anywhere just seems to say "I stopped the Dianette and my acne came back", so it would be nice if anyone whose spots didn't come back after stopping Dianette could post a message here, because I am scared my acne will come back and could do with a bit of encouragement! If anyone has come off it and got their acne back, could you describe how long it was after you stopped taking it that the acne started making a reappearance, etc. Any info would be much appreciated! Cheers.

Last edited by sonia; 12-30-2003 at 03:53 PM.

Old 12-30-2003, 12:56 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User
Re: Coming Off Dianette

Well, the same seems to be with accutane, obviously oil is going to return to its normal rate and it is possible for acne to return, SO, what you do is to prevent this from happening don't go on an eating spree, control your diets, and for gods sake TAKE vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) this is prooven to reduce the oil and sebum in your body, and therefore works kind of life accutane, only not nearly as strong..but still very good, hope that helped, i have a guide i wrote myself pm me if u your interested

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2003, 03:34 PM   #3

sonia HB User
Smile Re: Coming Off Dianette

Thanks for that, I'll give the vitamin B5 thing a go and if you could let me know what your guide is, I would be grateful.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
(female)

Billi-Gene HB User

I tried stopping Diane because I am 33 and I thought that I shouldn't be getting pimples at that age. My skin got worse and my hair started falling out. So I am back on Diane. I know that is not what you wanted to hear sorry. I don't know when I will be brave enough to try and stop again.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
(female)

lisaxxx HB User
Smile Re: Coming Off Dianette (also known as Diane 35)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia
Hi. I have recently stopped taking Dianette after being on it for 4 and a half years as a treatment for acne. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has been on and come off Dianette and if they could share their experience as to what happened once they stopped the Dianette. I have looked all over the net and everyone who has posted anything anywhere just seems to say "I stopped the Dianette and my acne came back", so it would be nice if anyone whose spots didn't come back after stopping Dianette could post a message here, because I am scared my acne will come back and could do with a bit of encouragement! If anyone has come off it and got their acne back, could you describe how long it was after you stopped taking it that the acne started making a reappearance, etc. Any info would be much appreciated! Cheers.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #6
(female)

lisaxxx HB User
Re: Coming Off Dianette (also known as Diane 35)

hi there,this may not be what you want to hear but couldnt help but notice your lengh of time on dianette.I have actually been on this pill for the last 10 years and im only 25!It was prescribed for my skin and worked wonders but unfortunatly ive tried to come off this pill several tiems and each time after about 3/4 months my acne comes back with a vengance!my job is very much in the public eye and i find it impossible to stay off this pill for longer than this amount of time as my skin becomes unbearable!I have asked many different docs for something eles other than accutane and antibioctics and they seem to draw a blank.anyway i wish you every success and please do let me know how you get on!xx

Last edited by lisaxxx; 11-29-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
(female)

MargaretF HB User

Hi,
My daughter went onto Dianette for acne three years ago, it cleared well, and she came off for a break 6 months ago. Skin still clear, no return of spots or pimples, she now has beautiful skin.

Closed Thread