It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 10:41 AM   #1

19W/Acnee HB User
Post Accutane stuff again

Hey this im now into my second week on accutane now and I'm doing fine except for a few headaches and fatigue although that may just be somethin else...anyways I posted earlier and got a few responses on some of my questions...regarding the topic of alcohol, I have seen conflicting answers...Im wondering how many people have noticed anything when drinking a bit on accutane.

I also smoke sometimes when Im under a lot of stress...tobacco has no correlation to accutane right?

And the last question is regarding exercise....I play basketball a lot...anyone know if my physical conditioning will be effected?

By the way I dont know if it was the accutane for just a week...highly doubtful actually, but my acne looks noticeably better although far from great

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 10:49 AM   #2
(male)

denny_gee HB User
oh yea... smoking and playing bball... great mix! HA...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 10:51 AM   #3

yem52300 HB User
I just got accutane yesterday and I asked my derm about alcohol and he said that it's fine to drink as long as it's kept in moderation. So no keg stands I guess.

Old 03-13-2003, 11:14 AM   #4

sporadic HB User
yeah i drank on accutane- my derm said it was fine- i did feel alittle more sore than usual after working out but nothing unbearable.

Old 03-13-2003, 11:53 AM   #5

newgirl HB User
Well, as for the drinking, I am on my 2nd month, and last month I drank on the weekends and got pretty drunk I must say, and my tests came back fine. My doctor never said anything about not being able to smoke, so I think that's fine as well. About the basketball, as long as you can handle it, than play all you want. Sometimes my joints get a little stiff from the accutane, but if that happens to you, i'm sure you'll know to sit out for a little while. For me it's not really painful, but you can feel it stiffening up. Hope that helped!

Old 03-13-2003, 12:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
test

Old 03-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #7
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
I drink too and Im on accutane, but im not sure why I do drink. im paying so much for this accutane and going through all the hassle of side effects for clear skin, and im jeapardizing (spelled that wrong) it all so i can go out and party.. On top of that, ive never been a cig smoker, but I don't think cigarettes will help your chances of clearing.. basketball is fine, i played the other day.. im a bit sore now though

Closed Thread