It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2004, 06:41 AM   #1

jbcgal HB User
Question Skin has cleared up, does tea help?

I have had moderate/severe acne for several years (I am 32). For the 2nd time in a year, my face has completely cleared up. The first time it did it, I thought it was because I had drastically reduced my sugar intake and started drinking tons of water. Once I stopped doing that, the acne came back. In the past 3 weeks, it has cleared up again. This happened over Christmas and I have had tons of sugar and haven't been drinking much water. I also haven't changed my skincare routine at all, which is very simple, just Clerasil Daily Face wash and Pupose moisturizer. The only thing I can think of that I have done consistently is that I have been drinking tons of tea, both hot and iced. I have been drinking hot tea with sugar and milk almost every morning and drinking iced tea with almost every evening meal. The tea that I am drinking is just regular Lipton tea, not green tea or anything special. I have read that other kinds of teas are beneficial to the skin, does anyone think this is what cleared me up? After having clear skin for almost a month the first time (after many many years of horrible skin), I was almost excited each morning to get up and look at my clear face. It was SO depressing when the acne started up again. I so badly want to figure out what helps so I can keep my nice skin! Thanks for your input!

Old 01-05-2004, 01:53 PM   #2
Inactive

prometheus HB User
Re: Skin has cleared up, does tea help?

i haven't heard of lipton tea helping acne. It wouldn't have helped mine. It actually would have made it worse because I had to get rid of caffeine, sugar, and milk, but that doesn't mean it isn't helping yours. If you notice something is working then keep doing it. If your skin stays clear when you do it, then you know it is working. Maybe there is something in liptin tea that your body is particularly receptive to. Good deal either way. If it works, it works. you know?

Last edited by prometheus; 01-05-2004 at 01:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2004, 03:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Do you think your acne is related to stress? You say that you were clear twice last year with the second time coinciding with Christmas. Did you take a few weeks off from work over that period? If so did your skin improve then when you had less stress and more time for relaxation (and drinking tea )?

Old 01-06-2004, 05:28 AM   #4
(male)

Wai HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcgal
I have had moderate/severe acne for several years (I am 32). For the 2nd time in a year, my face has completely cleared up. The first time it did it, I thought it was because I had drastically reduced my sugar intake and started drinking tons of water. Once I stopped doing that, the acne came back. In the past 3 weeks, it has cleared up again. This happened over Christmas and I have had tons of sugar and haven't been drinking much water. I also haven't changed my skincare routine at all, which is very simple, just Clerasil Daily Face wash and Pupose moisturizer. The only thing I can think of that I have done consistently is that I have been drinking tons of tea, both hot and iced. I have been drinking hot tea with sugar and milk almost every morning and drinking iced tea with almost every evening meal. The tea that I am drinking is just regular Lipton tea, not green tea or anything special. I have read that other kinds of teas are beneficial to the skin, does anyone think this is what cleared me up? After having clear skin for almost a month the first time (after many many years of horrible skin), I was almost excited each morning to get up and look at my clear face. It was SO depressing when the acne started up again. I so badly want to figure out what helps so I can keep my nice skin! Thanks for your input!
tea definitly helps your skin. i donno about the lipton ice tea but green tea would be the best one. try having none or little sugar in the teas too

Old 01-06-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
Inactive

prometheus HB User

If it works I wouldn't mess with it. There could be something in black tea that is helping your body, perhaps fight off certain pathogens. Who knows. "If it's not broke, don't fix it."

Old 01-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #6

ava_28 HB User

Sounds like me. I reduced my sugar in take and couldn't believe that my skin started to look better. Plus, i've been drinking more water too. Plus, I'm on Yasmin and thats supposed to help too.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:15 PM   #7
(female)

el_9_el HB User

When I began spiro my skin cleared up amazingly. I also began drinking tea at the time - mainly regular tea with milk and no sugar, but some green teas too. I was having up to 5 cups a day and my skin was getting better all the time.
I still think it was the spiro that fixed my skin, but I definitely don't think the tea had any bad impact at all (I still drink it today and my face is still clear).

Closed Thread