It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2003, 08:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Question Olay Total EffectsUsers-Are you still out there?

There were alot of people here going crazy for the Total Effects a few weeks back. Are those who were using it, STILL using it, or have you moved on to bigger and better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 09:25 AM   #2

Nymue HB User
I started using it a few weeks ago when a few people on other boards were raving about it. I'm still using it and really like it. I don't know what it is, but it just feels really good when I put it on. I actually replaced my old favorite - Eucerin Daily Renewal. It's just a little container, but a little bit goes a long way!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 12:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Nymue,
Glad you are liking the Total Effects. Funny thing is that B4 I went to my first(new) derm appt, I was using Total Effects for 1 week(due to raves here) and brought it to her to show her if it was ok to use. She didn't really care, told me not to use it at night cause it had an SPF in it. I told her that I loved how my skin felt "in" it. Anyway I started a regimen of oral antibiotics and Retin A Micro, and wanted to ditch the Olay because I wanted to see how the prescriptions were gonna work. Well they are working great so I am debating adding back the Total Effects to combat some surface dryness, and give me the much needed SPF protection. Any other "still users" out there?

Old 03-12-2003, 05:45 PM   #4

StArZnMuHeYeZ HB User
I started using total effects about 2 months ago when my skin was absolutly horrible, very dry and flaky and broken out... Within a week I noticed a great differance in the way my skin felt... It was SO soft... Now I don't break out as bad anymore and my skin is definitely not as dry as it was. But the effects of it seemed to have leveled off. Like for the first month or so, it seemed my skin would seem better every day, but now it's pretty much stayed the same, which is a hell of a lot better then what it was a few months ago, however it still needs some work. The acne I had gotten over the winter left ugly ugly scars that I'm still trying to find the perfect concealer for and I was hoping that Total Effects would help fade them a little, which I'm sure it did, however they still seem very noticable to me... O well, my quest for beautiful skin shall continue. But to sum it all up, I definitely recommend Total Effects to anyone! It is a great moisturizer...

Old 03-12-2003, 06:31 PM   #5

SobeStar HB User
I'm still here! I was also one of the ones persuaded to buy Total Effects about 3-4 weeks ago while everyone was hyping it over here. I've been using it everyday (once a day in the morning, before putting on my makeup) and so far no breakout at all. I really love how it feels on my skin, it just "feels good" - not greasy, still moisturizing enough. My makeup goes on a lot easier and the overall tone of my skin has improved. Things just seem more balanced. I really like it still. I also have the SPF 15 version.

Old 03-12-2003, 07:10 PM   #6

MiamiBarbie HB User
Ladies, who is the total effects made by? I guess, I should try it too. Is it by oil of olay? ....
Thank you.

Old 03-12-2003, 09:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Go Olay!! I'm glad you guys have not been swayed by another moisturizer. Good news!! I liked it too and am glad you are all still here enjoying the "feel"obtained by Toatl Effects. Thanks...I'm off to re-purchase it.

Btw, Yes, to MiamiBarbie....Total Effects is by Oil of Olay. Worth a try to anyone looking for softness without grease.

Old 03-13-2003, 02:48 PM   #8

momofJAB HB User
I too purchased Total Effects 3-4 weeks ago when everyone was raving about it. It is by far the best I have ever used. I use the one with SPF for the day and at night the same one minus the SPF. It is the first mousterizer I have ever been able to use that doesn't make me look all greasy and hour into the day.

Old 03-13-2003, 03:12 PM   #9

meandmyzits HB User
Cool

Hey reading on the Total Effects. I almost bought some the other day then talked myself out of it. I can't find a moisturizer that doesn't break me out and make my face feel greasy. After hearing about Total Effects, I am curious and now I wish I had bought it. What is it called exactly. Is it just the stuff for rejuvination or does it specifically say moisturizer on it???

Old 03-14-2003, 07:09 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
It's just Total Effects with the SPF for sensitive skin which is Fragrance free. It's about 15-18$. The one that claims on the box to combat the 7 signs of aging or something. Not the one in the tube. Do a search on Olay and you should come up with it.

Old 03-14-2003, 07:11 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
It's just Total Effects with the SPF for sensitive skin which is Fragrance free. It's about 15-18$. The one that claims on the box to combat the 7 signs of aging or something. Not the one in the tube. Do a search on Olay and you should come up with it.

Closed Thread