It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #1

CrazyJoe HB User
Smile Starting Accutane

Finally I decided to take the plunge and go for it! I really hope it works for me.

I have a few questions:

I am started at 40 mg per day, is that enough?

Will I get a large breakout? how long does that last?

Should I take it with food?

Old 03-13-2003, 09:26 PM   #2
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
yes, 40 mg is a good place to start..

chances are you will have a breakout that will last a month or two... but everyones different, you could clear up in the first week or two...

Yes, taking it with food helps it be absorbed into your body easier, or something like that. But it says on the box to take with food.

if you have any more questions feel free to ask, ill answer as soon as i can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 11:27 PM   #3

CrazyJoe HB User
Thx alot,

I have some more questions if ya don't mind.

Taking a antibiotic (Minocycline) should be ok at the same time as Accutane right? The doc gave me two Rx's one accutane and one Mino. The mino for only a month to help with these nasty infected cysts that have been developing for a few days now.

I have a pak of Accutane from 2 years ago, when I was going to take accutane but never did, the expiry date was last month (Feb) but my doc said its ok to use it still. is it?

Does Accutane cause hair loss? I have thin hair as is and don't really wanna shave my head.

Another thing about hair/scalp, does accutane affect the scalp too? I am using Rogaine now for a month and now Folligen on my hair line. will my scalp be too irritated while on accutane to use these products? they do irritate a bit by themselves.

thank u so much.

Old 03-14-2003, 07:31 AM   #4
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
If your doctor gave you the prescription it should be fine.. I was on doxycycline for the first 2 months of my treatment.

Im not too sure about the shelf life of accutane, but if your doctor says its ok I guess you can go for it.

About the hair loss, some people have noticed thinning of hair, I havent really noticed. Occasionally after playing around with my hair ill see a few peices just sitting there. But im not balding or anything.

Anything irritating will most likely be too irritating on accutane. It make all your skin very dry and sensitive. So Id say yes, they will aggravate your skin.

Closed Thread