It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 01:26 PM   #1
Inactive

Sahuja HB User
Question SPIRO USERS?

Hi,
I have been using Spiro for 2.5 weeks. I have seen no improvement. In fact I keep breaking out terribly and have real bad headaches and fatigue. How long until you start to see results? By the way, I dont have cystic acne. I have just medium annoying whitehead acne which leaves spots when its gone. (Im 24)

Old 03-13-2003, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Hi, I've been using it for about 2 weeks and haven't noticed any improvements either and I also am breaking out more than ever (100's of zits).I have read that it may take six or more months to see improvement in the skin condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 02:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
You might try lowering your potassium intake in the food you eat.Avoid foods high in potassium.That might help with the fatigue.

High Potassium Foods

Fruits
Apricots, canned and fresh
Banana
Cantaloupe
Dried fruits - apricots, dates, figs, prunes
Honeydew melon
Kiwi
Nectarine
Orange
Orange Juice
Pear, fresh
Prune Juice

Vegetables
Asparagus
Avocado
Bamboo Shoots
Beets
Beet Greens
Brussels Sprouts
Cabbage, Chinese
Celery
Chard
Kohlrabi
Okra
Pepper, Chili
Potatoes, white and sweet
Pumpkin
Rutabaga
Spinach, cooked
Squash, winter
Tomato
Tomato sauce
Tomato juice
Vegetable juice cocktail

Legumes
Black-eyed Peas
Chick Peas
Lentils
Lima Beans
Navy Beans
Red Kidney Beans
Soybeans
Split Peas

Nuts and Seeds
Almonds
Brazil Nuts
Cashews
Peanuts
Peanut Butter
Pecans
Pumpkin Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Walnuts

Breads and Cereals
Bran
Whole Grain

Miscellaneous
Chocolate
Cocoa
Coconut
Milk and Milk Products
Molasses
Substitute Salt

Old 03-13-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
Inactive

Sahuja HB User
Hi,
I talked to my derm today and he said with spiro you should see bettering in a month and if you dont you should stop. He actually just told me to try it for another week, and if I dont see any improvement he will prescribe something else. He said he had high hopes on it cause once it kicks in, you can keep using it. It doesnt stop working like antibiotics. I hope it works...Right now my skin is a MESS!!!

Old 03-13-2003, 07:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I took a higher dose today and my skin was a little less oily.I also took it with lots of food that wouldn't interfere with it so it would get absorbed better.I hope that is all I need to do to get it to work right .Hope it wasn't just a fluke that my skin was dryer.

Old 03-14-2003, 06:13 AM   #6

FDNYwife HB User
Unhappy

End of week 7 of yasmin, starting week 4 of spiro @ 50 mg. My face is crappy and so is my neck and back. I was so happy because my chin cysts didn't really develop during what would be ovulation time, but I'm having a regular period break out. I noticed a big decrease in oil production this month, so much so that my face is actually pretty dry. I haven't gotten a hair cut in 3 months because of my yucky neck.

Old 03-14-2003, 06:46 AM   #7

deb0033 HB User
When I started Yasmin and Spiro over a year ago, it took 4-5 months before I started clearing up. I almost gave up but i hung in there. It has been my cure. I am totally clear. I know it can be frustrating, but please give it a chance and wait. I am glad i did.
Good luck!

Old 03-14-2003, 11:15 AM   #8

stillwaiting HB User
Thanks dsheld, I too was so fatique on spiro that I had to stop it. i knew it had something to do with my potassium. Thank you for the list of foods to avoid. Maybe I will try spiro again. good luck to you all.

Old 03-14-2003, 01:29 PM   #9
Veteran

laur HB User
FDNYwife: I also put off getting my haircut because of the acne.......I am sorry to hear you aren't clearing yet. I am beginning wk 10 of yasmin and I am on 50 mg of spiro also. I guess we have some things in common!! Hopefully for all of us we will be clear soon. I am also trying to keep my pores open by using tazorac and to heal old marks with cp serum....although I only started with those this week.

Debbi387: Thank you for your post of the length of time it took you to clear. It gives us hope. What type of acne did you have and Are you still on the yasmin and spiro and what dose spiro. Glad you are a success story.!!!

L

Old 03-14-2003, 02:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Debbi387
Do you think it was the Spiro or Yasmin that cleared you up? How many mg. of Spiro were you taking?

Closed Thread