It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2003, 06:30 PM   #1

Row Riduh HB User
Question Toothpaste?

My freind told meeh that toothpaste is a better alternative to killin a zit.......Is this true, cus I heard sumthing like that on tv as well.......Im just not sure and dont wanna put nuttin on my face that mite make my zit worse.......Anybody has any xpierence with tootpaste?

Old 03-12-2003, 06:45 PM   #2
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
Toothpaste is too harsh for the skin, ive heard it can burn the skin around the zit. Iw oudlnt use it, although I used to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 06:47 PM   #3
Veteran

Testament HB User
I've also heard some toothpastes can be used but others can aggravate the acne further... have to do some research if you are going to do this.

GL!

Old 03-13-2003, 05:54 PM   #4

cholo HB User
Smile

hi row riduh when I get a pimple i normally use clean and clear persa-gel 10 or clinique pimple spot solution gel this stuff does work now on the clean and clear only apply it on the blemish cause to much will dry your skin it has bezoyl peroxide 10% and the clinique has salicylic acid 1.0% hopefully maybe this will help you .

Old 03-13-2003, 06:59 PM   #5

KristinRox HB User
Hey!
Just to let you know, using toothpaste on your face for a quick pimple fix is a bad idea. What will happen is the ingredients in the toothpaste will actually dry that pimple to pieces, BUT it goes above and beyond that and dries the pimple out a little TOO much,and then your skin produces a lot more oil and presto chango you have three zits instead of one..Id go with waiting it out, or maybe if you have acne prone skin, you might want to see a dermotologist.
Hope this will help you out!

Old 03-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #6

the kid HB User
nope, stay away from toothpaste. It only makes it worse, it'll even be more noticeable if u put toothpaste.

try neosporin. although it may not work in all cases, i think minor or moderate zits/acne may work

Old 03-13-2003, 09:07 PM   #7
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
I think in the old days before there were better acne products available people used to do this. I remember in highschool (many, many moons ago) my girlfriends would do this. But they always used the paste stuff, not the gel. But now that there are so many good products out I don't think you need to try this, there are so many better options. Good luck.

Old 03-13-2003, 10:46 PM   #8
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Red face

Like everyone said, toothpaste is a bad idea.

A much BETTER idea is to put a huge blob of Queen Helene Mint Julep mask overnight on top of a pimple!! It has the same minty smell, and it also dries, so your pillows won't get all goopy! Also, it contains zit-zapping ingredients like sulfur and clay, so the zits are almost gone by the morning. It's 10x more effective than toothpaste, and it most likely won't ravage your skin.

Old 03-13-2003, 10:48 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User
Try also crushed tylonal and a drip of water to make a paste. It slows inflammation.

Old 03-14-2003, 01:19 PM   #10
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Thumbs down

Hey
I know ur desperate but, please DONT use toothpaste as most contain Flouride and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Something that definitely aint good for the skin .

~*Kashy*~

------------------
~*ººBaBi FaCeºº*~

~*ºWhatever happens, happens for a reason.º*~

Old 03-14-2003, 05:50 PM   #11
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovie_Me:
Try also crushed tylonal and a drip of water to make a paste. It slows inflammation.
Do you mean uncoated aspirin? Aspirin is a form of salicylic acid. Tylenol is very different. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 03-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #12
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
my skin aint 'perfect,' but there is one alive spot that is bugging the heck out of me. i globbed it last night, when it ws a mere spot, with mint julep. in the shower this morning washing the dried julep off and it was a painful small bulge. did the julep bring it out or make it worse? i thought it would have killed the small spot, not bring it out so it hurts and is 3d.

Closed Thread