It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 11:05 AM   #1

daisyanddolly HB User
Aspirin Mask?

I have read some really great things about this mask. I don't know exactly what it is though. Do you buy it at the store, or do you just mix up aspirin in a blender and smear it on your face? If so, what kind of aspirin? I'm very confused and would like more information about it. If you have tried this, what are the pros and cons? I would really appreciate this. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2004, 04:48 PM   #2

CourtneyIAM HB User
Re: Aspirin Mask?

Go to the dollar store and get a bottle of uncoated aspirin (just the white powdery tablets). Get about 3 aspirin and either manually crush it up, or drop a couple drops of water on the tablets, causing them to dissolve. You can either apply the aspirin to your face with water, or as I do, with pure aloe vera to make it stick better. It's a crumbly mask, especially as it dries, but it will make your skin smooth and soft, and make your pores appear smaller. You can leave it on for about 10-15 minutes and then massage it off of your skin to exfoliate, then rinse your face off. I usually do this about twice a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User

I've never heard of it.

Old 01-13-2004, 05:33 AM   #4

Forcefed4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyanddolly
I have read some really great things about this mask. I don't know exactly what it is though. Do you buy it at the store, or do you just mix up aspirin in a blender and smear it on your face? If so, what kind of aspirin? I'm very confused and would like more information about it. If you have tried this, what are the pros and cons? I would really appreciate this. Thanks.
Aspirin is merely salicylic acid. So mixing a few aspirin with water is like using a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) product. I can see why this helps many, since the aspirin also helps to fight inflammation.

I think this is a very inexpensive trick that people can try. Just don't overdo it. Do it a few times a week at most.

Kev

Closed Thread