It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 05:33 PM   #1

kittykat2004 HB User
Taking Diane-35 Dianette, is this normal?

I am on my second week of taking Dianette. I have had cystic acne for years and painful periods, tetracyclines helped but never got rid of it totally. The antibiotics were fighting the spots I already had so they cleared up fast, and my skin was about bearable. I needed contraception lately so I went to the doc who subscribed me Diane-35 (Dianette) And I heard this can help painful periods too, yay!

Anyway its my second week and my acne seems 10 times worse, it was always bareable but lately I seem to be fighting a loosing battle, Im washing much more and using many more skin creams to try and control my breakout. This isnt helping much though. I had a pack of oxytetracycline left so after switching to condoms I started taking these and they do help, but it seems to be fighting the cysts that the Diane is causing. Is it normal to have a big skin flare-up? I need to know this will eventually improve cos Im suffering so much now, my face really hurts and Im taking painkillers all the time just to get rid of it, I wake up and the pain and throbbing is usually worse first thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 03:23 AM   #2

ace_chick01 HB User
Re: Taking Diane-35 Dianette, is this normal?

Yes that's normal...the exact same thing happened to me when I started on Diane-35. You just have to wait it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 02:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User

Really? That's interesting. I'm glad you posted that, cos i was going to ask my doctor if i could change onto Dianne, but i don't think i'll bother now.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User

Keep taking it, I used something like Diane-35 for my skin and it cleared alot. Good luck, hope it gets better for you.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #5

Flower_03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat2004
I am on my second week of taking Dianette. I have had cystic acne for years and painful periods, tetracyclines helped but never got rid of it totally. The antibiotics were fighting the spots I already had so they cleared up fast, and my skin was about bearable. I needed contraception lately so I went to the doc who subscribed me Diane-35 (Dianette) And I heard this can help painful periods too, yay!

Anyway its my second week and my acne seems 10 times worse, it was always bareable but lately I seem to be fighting a loosing battle, Im washing much more and using many more skin creams to try and control my breakout. This isnt helping much though. I had a pack of oxytetracycline left so after switching to condoms I started taking these and they do help, but it seems to be fighting the cysts that the Diane is causing. Is it normal to have a big skin flare-up? I need to know this will eventually improve cos Im suffering so much now, my face really hurts and Im taking painkillers all the time just to get rid of it, I wake up and the pain and throbbing is usually worse first thing.
Hi, I've been taking diane 35 for 2 years now. When i first started taking it-- I broke out really bad as well for about 2-3 months. I was getting bad cystic pimples and was wanting to go back to minocycline-- but I just kept takin Diane 35. It takes about 6 months (for me) to really slow down the zit cycle and my face has cleared up since then. So far, Diane 35 has been the best thing i've used-- however its not perfect. I don't get nearly as many bad pimples regularly- but i do have mild breakouts from time to time.
My main problem is not my active acne-- its all the scars that have been left behind from having acne since i was 13..

So, i think that u should keep using diane 35 for a while- if there is no improvement in 6 months.. then look for something else.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:26 PM   #6

istar837 HB User

iv been using diane for the past month and have not had any really bad breakouts but my condition isnt improving. how long does it take??

Old 01-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #7

Flower_03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by istar837
iv been using diane for the past month and have not had any really bad breakouts but my condition isnt improving. how long does it take??
Hi, it depends on the individual- it took me about 6 months for Diane to really start working. I broke out bad for arnd 2 months, then things calmed down a bit from then on and then improved. I think you really need to give it at least 6 months. I've been taking it for 2 years now, and i think its pretty good- helped my acne problem 7/10.

Closed Thread