It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2004, 10:24 PM   #1

preciousthrill HB User
'Acne free in 3 days' a scam??

[url removed]
I didnt buy it or anything, but it has to be a scam. Way to good to be true, and if it were true, wouldnt it be all over these boards and in derm offices everywhere?

Last edited by moderator2; 01-12-2004 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites. Only product names are allowed here. Please carefully read, know and follow the board posting guidelines. Thank you.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User
Re: 'Acne free in 3 days' a scam??

Yes, it's most likely telling you to go on a crash diet of water and fresh fruit only for those three days. Read around here for free on much more substantiated dietary advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #3

zitzapper HB User

yeah i read about it too and almost bought it. I can't believe how desperate and gullible i could be to almost order this. Does anyone have any experience and could go more into detail on what it says to do exactly? I know it has something to do with a crash diet.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:37 PM   #4

preciousthrill HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitzapper
yeah i read about it too and almost bought it. I can't believe how desperate and gullible i could be to almost order this. Does anyone have any experience and could go more into detail on what it says to do exactly? I know it has something to do with a crash diet.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 01-14-2004, 01:55 AM   #5
(male)

Ric HB User

I'm obviously one of the desperate and gullible ones because I brought it. Basically on the first day your supposed to eat only red or golden apples as they contain pectin (roughly ten or more) whilest drinking as much water as you can. At the end of the first day take a mild laxative or enema (he recommends Fleet?) so you flush the toxins out of your body. Also rub castor oil into your face at night.
Second day do the same thing. He does mention that you may get mild stomach cramps etc but as long as you take a laxative at the end of the day you should be fine followed by castor oil (it's imperitive to use this).
Third day do the same thing. He mentionS that you may experience a slight headache but a hot shower should remedy that. In the evening drink red grape juice (he recommends Welsh?? I'm from the U.K so they may sell that in the U.S.A) followed by two tablespoons of olive oil to kick start the digestive system. Again mild laxative and castor oil. He does go into more detail but this is the general outline! On the last day your suppose to notice great effects because your flushing all of the toxins out of your body etc. The fourth day consists of eating gradually like crackers etc not a proper meal because your stomach won't be able to handle it. The fifth day thing's should resume to normal. He does mention that you should try and eliminate sugar from your diet and eat sensibly. I'm not gonna try this until Friday. Last night I applied the castor Oil to my face I didn't do the rest of it and this morning I only have one spot on my face. Now this could be a fluke but I'll definately let you know how it works out.

Ric

Old 01-14-2004, 02:05 AM   #6

leviathan85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
I'm obviously one of the desperate and gullible ones because I brought it. Basically on the first day your supposed to eat only red or golden apples as they contain pectin (roughly ten or more) whilest drinking as much water as you can. At the end of the first day take a mild laxative or enema (he recommends Fleet?) so you flush the toxins out of your body. Also rub castor oil into your face at night.
Second day do the same thing. He does mention that you may get mild stomach cramps etc but as long as you take a laxative at the end of the day you should be fine followed by castor oil (it's imperitive to use this).
Third day do the same thing. He mentionS that you may experience a slight headache but a hot shower should remedy that. In the evening drink red grape juice (he recommends Welsh?? I'm from the U.K so they may sell that in the U.S.A) followed by two tablespoons of olive oil to kick start the digestive system. Again mild laxative and castor oil. He does go into more detail but this is the general outline! On the last day your suppose to notice great effects because your flushing all of the toxins out of your body etc. The fourth day consists of eating gradually like crackers etc not a proper meal because your stomach won't be able to handle it. The fifth day thing's should resume to normal. He does mention that you should try and eliminate sugar from your diet and eat sensibly. I'm not gonna try this until Friday. Last night I applied the castor Oil to my face I didn't do the rest of it and this morning I only have one spot on my face. Now this could be a fluke but I'll definately let you know how it works out.

Ric

For people who don't just have one or two pimples on their face, it just simply will not happen. Acne-prone skin can take months to fully heal, and that is AFTER you finally stop developing new breakouts.

Also, he mentions to take laxatives?!? What "toxins" are in your body that will be "flushed out" by doing this? To begin with, since your supposed to be only consuming food that he recommends, then he is suggesting that the food he is recommending you eat are "toxins" and therefore you aren't even ingesting them. There is no connection between the body and excrement, because your feces go straight from your GI tract out of the body, and never enter the body.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:20 AM   #7
(male)

Ric HB User

Hey I'm only trying to help I didn't post on this board to be slammed!!!! I appreciate your opinion though. With regards to the toxins I've probably misread it. I'll try and type everything word for word when I get some time later today. I'm only trying to help.

Old 01-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

leviathan, what Ric said makes sense. The liver is responsible for removing the toxins from the body. After years of eating the wrong foods the liver becomes less efficient at this and there is a backlog of toxins and other undesirable subtstances in the digestive system. Since they can't stay they are excreted through the skin. This is partly why we get acne. If the liver is cleaned then it will become more efficient at removing the toxins again.

Old 01-14-2004, 06:34 PM   #9

leviathan85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart999
leviathan, what Ric said makes sense. The liver is responsible for removing the toxins from the body. After years of eating the wrong foods the liver becomes less efficient at this and there is a backlog of toxins and other undesirable subtstances in the digestive system. Since they can't stay they are excreted through the skin. This is partly why we get acne. If the liver is cleaned then it will become more efficient at removing the toxins again.
First to Ric, I sincerely apologize if you thought I was slamming you. I wasn't. I was directing my anger to the quack who is trying to sell you useless products which will just 1) waste your money and 2) waste your time and 3) break your spirit, and get your hopes down when the product doesn't work.

Now to answer jhart, the liver is not connected to the digestive system, except through the hepatic portal veins. I'll run a bit of digestive physiology by you so you understand why it is irrelevant:

After you have ingested any food, it takes awhile before it enters your general body through your circulatory system. First, it must pass through the stomach and then into the small intestine, where the bulk of absorption into the body occurs. Primarily, at microvilli in your small intestine, broken-down food will diffuse into capillaries, which are then directly transferred to the liver by the hepatic portal system, where then all food is then processed by the liver through its numerous enzymes.

Now, if you are to take a laxative, you are taking a medication which by various methods causes the rapid expulsion of food from your digestive system. This means, it passes through the small intestine, to the large intestine, and out of the body as feces before it is even absorbed into the body. This means that any laxatives you take cannot "flush toxins" from the body, because they were never in the circulatory system to begin with. Any toxic substances in the actual circulatory system are metabolized by the liver, and/or excreted by the kidneys into your urine.

Old 01-15-2004, 02:47 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Ok leviathan, I'm no biologist but you basically backed up what I said in my generalised terms. I didn't agree that taking a laxative would help any - what I'm saying is the liver needs cleaning out through diet. Thanks for the information

Old 01-15-2004, 12:24 PM   #11
(female)

progessmaker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart999

Leviathan you should do more research because you are very misinformed. The skin is often referred to as the third liver because if too much of a strain is put on your liver your body will release the toxins that it is unable to through your skin. That is common knowledge & I am living proof that it is true. I tried every acne treatment under the sun including clearlight & microdermabrasion, but none of it had a long term effect until I decided to detoxify myself by doing a three day juice fast, followed by eating better & taking supplements. If you suffer from skin eruptions frequently & nothing helps this could be your problem because after the third day of the fast my skin eruptions stopped, my skin started clearing, & it is less oily. Bottom line is you can't fix acne until you fix it internally really. Often people ask why do some people eat junk & not get acne while others eat it & break out, well the answer is everyones liver is different & it is a matter of time before those who eat wrong suffer in some kind of way whether that be acne, arthritis, or, some other chronic illness. The three day juice fast is highly effective especially if you notice your eyes are not white or if you nails are dull & you have acne. Those are common symptoms. The fasting allows your body to strengthen your liver, kidneys, & your immune system so that your body will detoxify normally rather than through your skin. I wish I could post sites where I researched this so you could see. My skin has improved so much & it was well worth it to endure a 3 day fast to help myself out that way. If people wonder why some treatments work for a little while & then stop well that is part of the reason. Your liver also allows for you to heal & for medicines to take effect so if it is sluggish & struggling to work a lot of times medicines & treatments simply will not work. The environment, fatty food, harsh chemicals, & pollution often contribute to the liver slowing down for some people & the thing is your liver is sluggish this isn't always detected by blood tests so it can be deceptive in a way. Just like you have to give your car a rest & let the engine cool off, you have to do the same thing with your liver by detoxifying it to restart it.

Old 01-15-2004, 02:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Thank you progressmaker for making me feel less stupid

Old 01-15-2004, 07:58 PM   #13

leviathan85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by progessmaker
The skin is often referred to as the third liver because if too much of a strain is put on your liver your body will release the toxins that it is unable to through your skin. That is common knowledge & I am living proof that it is true.
Progressmaker, the original debate was not whether or not substances are able to secrete past the dermal layer. The debate was on the usefulness of laxatives and their ability to detoxify the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by progressmaker
The three day juice fast is highly effective especially if you notice your eyes are not white or if you nails are dull & you have acne. Those are common symptoms. The fasting allows your body to strengthen your liver, kidneys, & your immune system so that your body will detoxify normally rather than through your skin.
Discoloration of the eyes, specifically a yellow discolouration is indicative of high bilirubin contents in the body for a range of different reasons, one of them being liver failure. Liver failure cannot be reversed by fasting for three days. The main reasons for jaundice escape me at the moment, but I'll post back when I have the time to check my notes.

Quote:
I wish I could post sites where I researched this so you could see. My skin has improved so much & it was well worth it to endure a 3 day fast to help myself out that way. If people wonder why some treatments work for a little while & then stop well that is part of the reason. Your liver also allows for you to heal & for medicines to take effect so if it is sluggish & struggling to work a lot of times medicines & treatments simply will not work.
It is true that some drugs enter their active form after hepatic breakdown into their metabolite form. However, I believe the majority of drugs are active in their absorbed form and so if you are claiming hepatotoxicity is occuring, then the drugs could lead to an overdose, quite the opposite from ineffectiveness.

Quote:
The environment, fatty food, harsh chemicals, & pollution often contribute to the liver slowing down for some people & the thing is your liver is sluggish this isn't always detected by blood tests so it can be deceptive in a way.
Can you point me to some studies or documentation which support your claim?

To wrap up, if you actually have liver damage, acne is going to be the least of your concerns and it is not something that can be remedied by fasting.

Also, if you are claiming that this 3 day treatment worked for you, you have to realize that correlation does not indicate causality. If you went on the treatment regiment, and you achieved results, it does not mean that the treatment was what caused the results. The only way to indicate causality is through controlled experiments.

Old 01-16-2004, 04:48 AM   #14
(male)

Ric HB User

I didn't mean to start a debate. In my opinion I think it's unfair to judge anything unless you've been there and done it yourself.

[[[copyright material removed - do not copy and paste]]]

Last edited by moderator2; 03-15-2004 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 01-16-2004, 04:49 AM   #15
(male)

Ric HB User

Second part:

[[[copyrighted material removed - do not copy and paste]]]

Last edited by moderator2; 03-15-2004 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Closed Thread