It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 05:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
Talking Me, My Story and My Plans

It has been a while since I posted. I've noticed a lot of newbies coming to this forum so first I would like to tell about myself. I have been going to this forum since summer having the acne problem. I started on a low dosage for accutane then gradually built up. Its been up from 20 to 40 mg a day. Towards the end of the year, I was gradually running out of supply. I called my dermatologist in Asia and told her about my decline in accutane supply, so she told me to go on a lower dosage so I would prelong my accutane consumption period til I got back to Asia where I could get my accutane cheaper. Once I got back to Asia, my derm wanted to check on my cholesterol level, since Accutane raises my cholesterol level. Once I took it, my cholesterol was really really high! It was even higher than my dad, who was 50 years old. However, my dermatologist told me not to worry because she has had this situation so many times before with other patients. She said that I had to bring down my cholesterol levels back to normal within two weeks with diet and exercise and then I would take another blood test. My accutane dosage was lowered to 10mg a day. If my cholesterol levels did not return to normal within two weeks, she would take my off accutane. So for the past few weeks, I ate a very strict, low-fat, low cholesterol diet and started working out again. I took my blood test the other day and got the results yesterday. Amazing! My dermatologist said as she saw the results sheet. I was then told that I could continue accutane. I thought I was nearly done, but since i was in frequent periods of low dosages per day, my accutane period was prelonged. Right now, i just have to finish my accutane for just a month and a half at 30mg a day. Again, I thought i was nearly done, but nearly quite.
Another thing that I have been considering for my acne treatment is Sunfells diet. (for those of you who don't know who Sunfell is - sunfell is somebody who put up a revolutionary thread here in healthboards stressing the diet - acne relation). Even while on accutane, i was getting a few pimples a week. Ever since i started the diet, I've like never had a pimple since. I also thought of sunfell's diet as a backup, for I am fully aware that acne can reoccur even after taking accutane.
I am leaving for college in the states now.My flight leaves in a few hours. My dermatologist told me that once I get back to Asia, she would recommend me to the absolute best laser treatment doctor she knew who has had lots of success with others. Right now, I have no pimples but have lotsa scars and blemishes, which aren't that deep, but visible none the less. My derm sounded very hopeful when she described the success of this laser treatment doctor she was going to recommend me to who also actors and other famous artists. I am going to acheive my dream of having clear skin and know I can! Pray for me!

"The one thing that has kept me going is knowing that one day my face will be clear and there are people who love me despite my imperfect face."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread