It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 08:09 PM   #1

Krist03 HB User
Hormonal Acne

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I have problems with Hormonal Acne I was wondering if anyone can relate or what they do to deal with it. I have the type of Acne where I get the big knots that sometimes dont even get to the point where you can pop them. I get other little ones too of course. I get them in the "T" zone (nose, chin, forehead). I also have very oily skin. I mean.. my acne isnt the worse in the world I guess its worse some times than others. I dont know what determines when and were its going to strick. I get then on my back and Chest too. It seems to alternate. my face will be doing good for a while but my back horrible vise versa and so on. Anyway I hate them!! they sometimes leave dark spots for a while. I dont fight with scaring too much but I hate to think I might have to deal with this my whole life. My mother has had problems with it her whole life even today so I just may have inherited it. Ive been on antibiotics and that works for a while but I really dont want to build up an amunity for antibiotics just for my acne. Anyway If anyone has tips that would be sweet!!

Thanks!!

Old 01-13-2004, 08:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User
Re: Hormonal Acne

Try spiro. It's used for hormonal acne and is anti-androgenic. I am on 50 mg daily along with Yasmin bcp (bc spiro can mess up your period cycle and bc Yasmin also helps acne). I'm a 20 year old female and although my acne has only ever been very mild, I wanted to get rid of it and this has done the job. You need a prescription from you derm but I really think it is worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread