It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2003, 05:51 PM   #1

MiamiBarbie HB User
Post Is my life really ruined?....

I am really losing it, guys. My husband just called driving home from work and suggested we go out to eat with friends. Well, I said no. He got mad and asked if I wanted to sit at home all the time. YES!!! I do. The terrible thing, we kiss on both cheeks with our friends to say hello and goodbye. When my acne went from two zits a month to five million last year, he told me how he noticed our friends staring at my face with discusted expressions on their faces. What kind of a husband do I have? What in the world should I do? Plus, taking this minocycline, I should not drink and cannot eat three hours before and one our after I take it. My social life went from up there to down here.... My stupid face is so bad, people ask me what had happened to me. Like people in the elevator, dog walkers in my neighborhood.... Plus, I live in Miami...so putting on make up...well, it will kind of sweat off five minutes after I walk outside my house. How do you guys deal with this?

Old 03-14-2003, 06:01 PM   #2

Alexandra789456 HB User
If your acne is that bad.............

Why in the world are you on Mino then? Yes, Mino worked pretty well for me last year, but you can't take antibiotics forever. The instant, as in the day after I stopped taking it..... the acne came back and WORSE. Hundreds of bumps on my forehead etc.. So, just go on Accutane. There's a much much much greater chance it will work.

I know what you mean about not wanting to go out. I think it's much worse to go out and feel like crap than to stay home and watch TV and not have to deal with any insercurities. But, you don't want to deal with this lifestyle forever right? So, go on accutane and get it over with!! If it doesn't work at least you tried.. I mean everyone who finally takes accutane just regrets not taking it sooner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 06:47 PM   #3

~Annie HB User
Miami, I can totally relate. I feel your pain completely. I was also on mino a late last year after my acne went from not so bad to horrific. I used to cry and cry over the, "What happened to your face?!" comments. I never wanted to go out. I would lie and say I felt sick or give some other excuse, when in reality, it was my face I was hiding.
As for your husband, he's probably not aware of how psychologically damaging acne is. Just explain to him how the comments regarding your acne are hurtful and hopefully he'll be more supportive and sensitive of your feelings.
As for the mino (and all the other antibiotics), unfortunately, they didn't help my acne. My derm finally put me on accutane when he saw that I was about to cry over the fact that mino was not helping.
I've been on it for 8 weeks now (skin improved DRAMATICALLY after 4 weeks) and I feel like myself again. I still get zits but I don't mind, atleast it's not nearly as bad as before. I suggest you talk to your derm about accutane if mino is not working.
Just know that all of us acne sufferers here support you and let us know how you are doing! ~Annie

Old 03-14-2003, 06:54 PM   #4

MiamiBarbie HB User
Smile

Thank you so much for your support, I know...we are all in this together and I feel sympathy for everyone out here with acne as well. Regarding the mino...my derm prescribed it and when I asked, whether it will help, he said no. So why the heck did he prescribed it? I am really considering accutane, but it's a 50/50. I have read so many posts here, for some it helps for others it does not. The only way to find out is to get on it. Well, let's see, what my third derm will say...

Old 03-15-2003, 07:20 AM   #5

cholo HB User
Hi miamibarbie have you every tryed using cetaphil gentle cleanser on your face instead of harsh products i have gone in the past to dermatologist so many times paid so much money and nothing so my friend had told me about cetaphil wich doesn't dry your skin at all cause sometimes using toners and harsh stuff on your face could make your skin get worse I have also heard in the healthboards post that burts and bee's products are good the lettuce soap and the toner you can look it up at [url="http://www.burtsandbees.com"]www.burtsandbees.com[/url] maybe that can help you and also your husband should be more supporting then what he is I understand sometimes you don't wanna go out and do things but to me everyone is beautiful in there own way no matter what.

Closed Thread