It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 10:58 PM   #1
(male)

Pymp22 HB User
Exclamation Any Treatments?!?!?

Based on what i have read and already know, my acne is hormonal. I have tried lots of products from accutane to basic neutrogena products. I loved accutane because it cleared me up completely. But, of course it came back. Now, i have mild acne. I have those little bumps all over my forhead, and I get a few whiteheads from time to time on my jawline and chin. I also get a few bumps/pimples on my neck/upper back. So, I know my acne is due to my hormones. I understand that Spiro is used for hormonal acne and is for girls only, but is there anything guys can use to treat hormonal acne??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 09:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User
Re: Any Treatments?!?!?

Actually, guys CAN take spiro but there are more serious side effects. Joeh on this board has been on spiro for year I think so hopefully he can tell you more of the side effects for men but I think if you take it too long it can make you sterol. I would look up more about it. It doesn't really say anywhere that it can only be prescribed for women. It is actually more commonly used to lower blood pressure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #3
(male)

Pymp22 HB User
Re: Any Treatments?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latayy26
Actually, guys CAN take spiro but there are more serious side effects. Joeh on this board has been on spiro for year I think so hopefully he can tell you more of the side effects for men but I think if you take it too long it can make you sterol. I would look up more about it. It doesn't really say anywhere that it can only be prescribed for women. It is actually more commonly used to lower blood pressure.
Interesting.....I'll have to do some research on that...because I definitely don't want to become sterol!!!..lol..

Closed Thread