It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 12:32 PM   #1

Hoxy HB User
Decide to go on Accutane for the 3rd time

I tried everything else, BP, BHA, no help at all!!! So I've decided to do Accutane again, that is if my derm give it to me. I hope the 3rd time the a charm

Old 01-14-2004, 02:16 PM   #2

matahari HB User
Re: Decide to go on Accutane for the 3rd time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxy
I tried everything else, BP, BHA, no help at all!!! So I've decided to do Accutane again, that is if my derm give it to me. I hope the 3rd time the a charm
Well if your a gurl... I would look into Spiro instead of doing round three of Accutane.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 03:25 PM   #3

Hoxy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matahari
Well if your a gurl... I would look into Spiro instead of doing round three of Accutane.
ohhhhhh, thanks for the suggestion...I don't know too much about spiro so I'll look into it. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2004, 05:59 PM   #4

cinderella16 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxy
I actually just started my third course of accutane. The first course really helped my skin a lot but i never completely got rid of the acne. I have very fair skin so I have a lot of red marks to deal with which is really frustrating. After trying a lot of things, including spiro, nothing was getting rid of the acne so I asked my derm to put me back on accutane. He didn't hesitate giving it to me again, but just wondered why i wanted to put myself through the treatment again. I think that Accutane is a temporary solution and it works differently for everyone and if you have had good results from it in the past then it may work for you again. It would be great if we could all find something else that works, but it takes a lot of time and patience to try other things.
good luck!

Old 01-14-2004, 06:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

I agree that you perhaps should investigate hormone therapy. It worked for me. Perhaps Spiro and BC pills combined. Taking Accutane 3 times is a bit much when it could just be your skins reaction to your hormone levels. Our aesthetician told us tonight that she's been on BC pills since age 17 to control her acne. She about 37 now.

Old 01-14-2004, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

What were your dosages for your previous 2 and your current course of Accutane?

P.S. - I'm on my 4th course of Accutane.

Closed Thread