It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 02:04 PM   #1

guns2323 HB User
msg to horsies...

are you still doing the smoothbeam treatments? can you pls. post an update?

my appt. this month with Dr. E. needs to be rescheduled as they told me that the SB machine is malfunctioning??!

Old 01-15-2004, 01:29 PM   #2
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User
Re: msg to horsies...

They told me the same thing and that they would call when the machine is fixed. It's been over two weeks already!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #3

guns2323 HB User

interesting...

Old 01-15-2004, 01:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Do you two share the same dermatologist or is a coincidence? Or a conspiracy? [Sorry, just been watching Alias ]

Old 01-15-2004, 04:11 PM   #5

guns2323 HB User

yeah- horsies, coloradogirl, and I all share the same derm in denver.

Old 01-15-2004, 06:45 PM   #6
(male)

horsies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns2323
are you still doing the smoothbeam treatments? can you pls. post an update?

my appt. this month with Dr. E. needs to be rescheduled as they told me that the SB machine is malfunctioning??!
Actually I'm suppose to go in next week for my third treatment- I havent heard from them about the laser being down? Maybe they will say something when they call to give confirmation of my appoint. Just to update-Its been about 2 months since my second treatment and I still have problems with my right check, and the left side of my chin- these two areas didnt respond very well to the laser, JUst recently I got a few small ones in other areas so it looks like I might have to have a treatment every 6 to 8 weeks but I really cant say for sure until I have my third or fourth since thats what is recommended to see full results.( I would say im about 93% clear.) Ill keep posting updates after my 3rd and 4th treatments and then I will decide if its something I want to continue to persue after i see the full results.
As far as my scaring- I had very mild scaring on my checks and I would say that almost all of it has disappeared- even this small scar I had on the side of my nose from when I had chicken pox as a kid is about 65 or 70 % better.

Old 01-17-2004, 01:21 PM   #7
(male)

horsies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsies
Actually I'm suppose to go in next week for my third treatment- I havent heard from them about the laser being down? Maybe they will say something when they call to give confirmation of my appoint. Just to update-Its been about 2 months since my second treatment and I still have problems with my right check, and the left side of my chin- these two areas didnt respond very well to the laser, JUst recently I got a few small ones in other areas so it looks like I might have to have a treatment every 6 to 8 weeks but I really cant say for sure until I have my third or fourth since thats what is recommended to see full results.( I would say im about 93% clear.) Ill keep posting updates after my 3rd and 4th treatments and then I will decide if its something I want to continue to persue after i see the full results.
As far as my scaring- I had very mild scaring on my checks and I would say that almost all of it has disappeared- even this small scar I had on the side of my nose from when I had chicken pox as a kid is about 65 or 70 % better.
Bump.................................... ........................................ ...........

Old 01-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #8

guns2323 HB User

Well, I finally got my 1st SmoothBeam (SB) treatment this morning. The Doc. used the laser on a few sections of my face only, and even with the lidocaine, it hurt more than I had anticipated. The whole process took maybe 2 minutes at the most... I wished he had done my entire face, but we'll see how this goes. My face is not red at all, the redness after the zaps lasted for maybe 30 minutes only. It was $200, and they will try to get insurance to cover it. Next appt. is in 4 weeks.

Coloradogirl and horsies, how are you guys doing?
does anyone else want to share their SB experience?

Closed Thread