It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 03:24 PM   #1

annonymousgirl HB User
I have really bad acne.. please make suggestions

Hey, I have like really bad acne. I mean, I know that usually teenagers have acne, but I've had acne since I was about 11. That's 4 years and nothing I've tried has worked. The only thing that partially makes a difference is this capsul called Minnocycline. But I've tried differen gel, retin a micro, triaz face cleaner, and alot of the clearasil and biore brand face washes and stuff. So please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by moderator2; 01-14-2004 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Do not post your age. Please carefully read, know and follow the board guidelines and posting policy. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 03:58 PM   #2

matahari HB User
Re: I have really bad acne.. please make suggestions

You have come to the right place!! There are so many things you can do for acne and its all on this board if you do a little research and a little reading. I was at a loss for ideas on how to treat my acne until I came across this board and now I'm almost clear (*knock on wood*). This board is the best and the people are really helpful... brutally honest at times though, but thats what I like about them .

It sounds like topicals dont work for you too. I had tried every damn topical under the sun with little or no results. I was also on antibiotics which did very little and got me really sick (they built up in my body and had a toxic reaction Since your younger, you might want to try BCPs (birth contol pills)... that alone usually helps alot of girls your age. Thats what cleared up my little sister who is 16. Also I suggest an oral med called Spironolactone (or Spiro). Thats what I'm taking right now and it works great! There is tons of info on this board about it, just do a search.

Also, if your acne is severe, you could talk to your doctor about Accutane. There is also a ton of info about it here... but its a very controversial subject among the members of this board. Just mentioning it can spark a huge debate on here. It will get rid of your acne for sure (its 100% effective) but the results may or may not be permanent...sometimes acne will come back after treatment. There are alot of potential side effects associated with it... some of which can be severe. I'm not for or against it, people have to educate themselves on the risks and benefits and make their own decisions when it comes to Accutane. If it means saving someone from disfigurement and a lifetime or torment and low self esteem, then I'm all for it because nobody should have to live like that. Anywho, that just my opinion... hope I dont get shunned for it .

Just a few options... hope this was somewhat helpful. Good luck hun.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-14-2004 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Do not quote posts that violate the board guidelines.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 01:52 AM   #3

22Girl HB User
Re: I have really bad acne.. please make suggestions

Definately try a birth control pill. Diane 35 (also known as Dianette) is great. But go talk to you doctor and they'll recommend the right pill for you. Diane will make your oily skin disappear and then your pimples will start to clear up after that

Closed Thread