It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 03:52 PM   #1

annonymousgirl HB User
please....i want some info on accutaine

give me some info. on accutaine!?!?! I mean, tell me about your experiences, has it worked? has it been awful?? what are the side effects??

Old 01-14-2004, 05:33 PM   #2

ArnoldT HB User
Re: please....i want some info on accutaine

After one month on accutane here is what i have experianced so far. The past 2 days have been bad, i have severe drying around my elbows and back of the neck. (I think the drying is because i have not drank alot of water like the derm said, but now i am drinking close to a gallon a day, which i hope helps.) But i can already see the difference in my face and back, it looks atleast 25% better, i dont know if all people get better in the first month (maybe i will start breaking out ?) I have not had a bloody nose but my bugers have been bloody since the 3rd day on accutane, and i seem to be getting more bugers, guess it is just dried up blood in the nose. Lips and face fell good because i keep them mostirized. Anyways i thought i would post for anyone wanting to know about accutane i guess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 06:16 PM   #3

cinderella16 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymousgirl
give me some info. on accutaine!?!?! I mean, tell me about your experiences, has it worked? has it been awful?? what are the side effects??
I've been on accutane twice and am currently doing a third treatment. I started out with really bad acne so when I went to the derm he didn't hesitate and prescribed me accutane on the spot. It really helped clear my skin and make my acne easier to deal with however, i was never acne-free. I've also tried a lot of other medications, but nothing has really helped me. Accutane did help me a lot, but it wasn't a cure for me. I'm hoping that another treatment will help me. As for the side effects, I never really had any that were unmanagable. I have really oily skin so accutane made my skin normal for once, which I thought was great, but it also gave me painfully, dry lips. Keep in mind that all side effects are only temporary and are different for everyone.

If your debating trying accutane than I would say talk to your derm to determine just how bad your acne is, but i say go for it...as long as you're careful and take it properly, i think it's worth dealing with the side-effects during the treatment if it can give you better results than when you started.

Old 01-14-2004, 06:24 PM   #4

leviathan85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymousgirl
Apart from the aforementioned side effects, there is the potential for you to become very depressed or suicidal, as well it can be toxic to your liver. Very very effective acne treatment and well worth the risk if you have severe acne.

Old 01-15-2004, 04:03 AM   #5
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan85
Apart from the aforementioned side effects, there is the potential for you to become very depressed or suicidal, as well it can be toxic to your liver. Very very effective acne treatment and well worth the risk if you have severe acne.
VERY dangerous drug. Use as a very last resort after trying all other techniques. Give each technique 2 months to see results.

Old 01-15-2004, 02:21 PM   #6

annonymousgirl HB User

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Closed Thread