It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 05:49 AM   #1
Veteran

Neca HB User
Question Has this happened to anyone?

This afternoon, when I got home after doing some sport, I was really aching so I decided to stretch my muscles a little as I was finding them very difficult to move. Anyway, I thought a good idea to speed up my blood circulation around my body would be to do a handstand i.e. stand up-side-down with my legs up in the air and my arms on the floor supporting my entire body.

Obviously, I immediately felt the rush of blood to my head and held this position for about 10 seconds. NOW when I sat back up again and relaxed, I looked at myself in the mirror and my face has DOUBLED its blemishes! I had so many more red patches all over my face (only on my face, nowhere else). Its as if the blood that rushed towards my face when I was doing this handstand thing caused loads of blood vessels to burst or something like that!?

I waited a bit longer to see if it was just temporary, thinking maybe the blood in my body needed a bit of time to return to its original equilibrium position BUT no. AN HOUR LATER and my face IS definitely worse

This is so depressing and strange. I have done handstands before and have experienced nothing like this before but it has been about a year since I did my last one.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Or even tried it? Your feedback is most useful, thanks.

Last edited by Neca; 01-15-2004 at 05:58 AM.

Old 01-15-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User
Re: Has this happened to anyone?

Neca, did you look at your complexion before you performed the handstand (I've never been able to do them )? I find that when I do strenuous exercise indoors (or when it's hot outside) the combination of my extra body heat and the external temperature severly exacerbate the general redness of my complexion and acne alike. I prefer to run outdoors in the cold because it makes my face a normal colour. If you really believe it was the rush of blood to the head from the handstand that caused it then I'm out of answers, but in my experience any form of hard exercise under warm conditions causes my acne to look worse. Does it still look worse now or has it improved?

Last edited by jhart999; 01-15-2004 at 07:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 03:49 AM   #3
Veteran

Neca HB User

Well it is a day later and my complexion is exactly the same as it was after I had done the handstand i.e. blemishes X2. Man this is so depressing, it's as if any spots that were laying dormant under my skin were suddenly pushed out by the pressure of the blood rushing to my head.

Exercise always improves my complexion whether indoors or outdoors. But I wasn't even exercising indoors anyway, I was just stretching out!?! Well I'm gonna try it again in a few days time, maybe it was actually GOOD that I did it because now any spots that were stuck underneath my skin which would take weeks to appear, have been pushed out. Therefore the next time I do it, I should have less new blemishes or virtually none appear.

Who knows but there is only one way to find out...

Old 01-16-2004, 08:53 AM   #4

blank HB User

lol....imagine that.

the cure to acne is doing a headstand a few times a week.

let us know how it works out.

Closed Thread