It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 11:23 AM   #1

blank HB User
good to fast while on b5?

i've gotten desperate, and someone wrote something on here about fasting, and how it stops oils from being produced, and sort of cleanses your body of toxics.

so i haven't eaten since tuesday afternoon.

and i got my b5 in the mail yesterday...and started taking it (5g's that day). i'm gonna up it to 10g's today.

is that okay to do?

i sort of feel like fasting and taking b5 is just working against itself. because b5 is supposed to cleanse all your pores by giving you an initial breakout of oil. and fasting will stop my face from producing oil.

this is all combined with taking 200mg of minocycline daily, and using tetrinoin every other night. also mag/calcium/zinc tablets, 1g flax seed oil, and vitamin C. all once or twice a day.

is this all safe to do?

my face looks like **** right now, lots of healing spots around my chin/mouth. and it's really really oily.

but no new pimples.

when i start eating again i'm gonna try to stick to fruit and salad. at least for a little while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 03:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User
Re: good to fast while on b5?

There will be residual excess sebum (oil) in your system and the B5 will be able to help make more co-enzyme A to start metabolising it. I think what you're doing will show great improvements within a couple of days. At the moment (two days into your fast) the effects of the foods you ate a few days ago are still present. By Saturday you should see a dramatic reduction in oil and hopefully have less new acne.

I think it's great that you've managed to fast for two days and I admire it. I would recommend you eat tomorrow evening (three days is enough for this purpose). Like you said start by eating fruit or salad and stick to that for as long as you can. But add some protein to your diet by Saturday as well because you will get very hungry and very tired if you don't. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread