It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
(male)

dylansq HB User
HELP, I need quick advise on moisturizers

I need quick advise on the best moisturizer to use in conjunction with benzyl peroxide. My cheeks are extremely dry, and Iím using Neutrogena facial moisturizer with SPF 10. I also have St. Ives Aloe Vera advanced therapy lotion. Neutrogena moisturizer doesnít seem to be working that well, perhaps I need to use it or apply it more frequently than twice a day? Are there any better moisturizers that work for extended periods, that are also non-comedogenic, oil free?
I have been using benzyl peroxide nightly for a while, but only recently increased the application to mornings as well.
Thanks for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User
Re: HELP, I need quick advise on moisturizers

Hey,
I am also on a topical BP gel (20%) and created by my derm. I love it and am totally clear besides the occasional pimple. I use Clean & Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer with Salicylic Acid. I LOVE this stuff. Supposedly there is some regimen I just read about saying that when you use SA in conjunction with BP, the BP is able to get deeper into the pores. Not sure if this is true but I sure like to think so!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 05:08 PM   #3
(female)

cici89 HB User

whoa!! 20% bp?????

Old 01-15-2004, 06:31 PM   #4
(male)

dylansq HB User

Wow...the 20% doesn't burn your skin off? Are you sure it's 20%, I mean, benzyl peroxide can be very irritating. How often do you apply it? I want to know more! Maybe there is something else in the mixture.

Old 01-16-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

latayy26 HB User

Yep, it is 20% and I was surprised when that's what my derm. first told me he was prescribing. I'm not sure what else is in it..it doesn't say but I love it. It doesn't dry me out at all and has cleared me up great along with 50 mg of spiro daily. It is created by my dermatologist's office and he said that his patients love it. It is called Versagel. Right next to my derm's office is a medi-spa that is part of the dermatology center. They basically do things that you would get done at a spa but it's more medically based to help skin disorders. So, instead of getting the BP at a pharmacy, I just run next door to the medi-spa and buy it there. I have tried Differin and Retin A Micro and several antibiotics before for my very mild acne and none of those worked. I would really recommend BP.

Closed Thread