It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 02:29 PM   #1
(male)

determinedtowin HB User
Doxycycline

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone could give me advice (I know you must get sick of the same questions from what I've seen) but I would appreciate it.

I went to the dermo for the 3rd time time today with all intentions of going on Accutane! yet again I bottled it as the side effects worry me!

I have already been on Erythmocin (?) Oxytetro (?!) and Minocycline! I am now trying Doxycycline and Erythmocin (sp?!!!) topical and wondered if it had worked for anyone? seperately or together

I am 20 now and my acne was terrible, I then started tanning which sorted me but realised I couldn't do that forever and now my acne looks different everyday and on every photo (anyone else get that when they look in the mirror!) but at the moment looks very bad IMO

Any help with Accutane or any of the above would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Phil (UK)

Old 01-15-2004, 05:24 PM   #2
(female)

Caramelita HB User
Re: Doxycycline

hi determinedtowin
I was on Doryx (a type of doxycyclene) for 3 months. My acne was light-moderate, and Doryx made my skin flawless (even my back and chest!) in a very short time. The only problem is that as soon as I came off of it (typical treatment lasts only 3 months), I broke out HORRIBLY!! My skin was never that bad in my life. I developed cystic acne and my whole face hurt.
So, in a sense, yes doxycyclene works. But you have to be careful about stopping treatment--the acne could come back worse.

Now, the only thing that keeps my skin clear is B5 (10 grams daily--20 500mg capsules) Differin Gel, Retin-A micro, and proper exfoliation. I swear by the B5-- I don't have any pimples on my face now, the oiliness is gone, and my scars are diminishing every day.

Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 08:07 AM   #3
(male)

determinedtowin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelita
hi determinedtowin
I was on Doryx (a type of doxycyclene) for 3 months. My acne was light-moderate, and Doryx made my skin flawless (even my back and chest!) in a very short time. The only problem is that as soon as I came off of it (typical treatment lasts only 3 months), I broke out HORRIBLY!! My skin was never that bad in my life. I developed cystic acne and my whole face hurt.
So, in a sense, yes doxycyclene works. But you have to be careful about stopping treatment--the acne could come back worse.

Now, the only thing that keeps my skin clear is B5 (10 grams daily--20 500mg capsules) Differin Gel, Retin-A micro, and proper exfoliation. I swear by the B5-- I don't have any pimples on my face now, the oiliness is gone, and my scars are diminishing every day.

Good Luck!!
What is B5? I live in the UK and have got to be honest and say Ive never heard of it!

Old 01-16-2004, 08:59 AM   #4

blank HB User

b5 is pantothentic acid...

from what i've read on this board....
when you load up on it (5-10g's per day), it's supposed to help break down fats in your body. it will also sort of cleanse your skin of oils (sebum?). so there will be an initial breakout period...and then it'll slow down the production of oils on your face/body.

a lot of people on here swear by it. i'm on my 3rd day right now...crossing my finger's that it'll work.

Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #5
(female)

Caramelita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank
b5 is pantothentic acid...

from what i've read on this board....
when you load up on it (5-10g's per day), it's supposed to help break down fats in your body. it will also sort of cleanse your skin of oils (sebum?). so there will be an initial breakout period...and then it'll slow down the production of oils on your face/body.

a lot of people on here swear by it. i'm on my 3rd day right now...crossing my finger's that it'll work.
The key is to stick with it!!
The longer you use it the better the results!

determinedtowin-- you can go to [url]www.b5clearskin.com[/url] for more info

Closed Thread