It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 04:18 PM   #1

Bacne HB User
My Positive accutane story.

It was last april that I finally decided to try accutane. I was 24 yrs old and felt that after 10 years of suffering from acne on my back that I had tried enough and felt that taking the risk of trying accutane was a justified risk.

I took it for 5 months. My dosing per month was this, 40mgs, 60mgs, 60mgs, 80mgs, 80mgs. It took until the 3rd month to notice any results, then after that my back SLOWLY started to improve. At the end of my fifth month I was pretty clear except for one or two pimples at that time I also started to get bad headaches and had elevated liver enzymes, so it was time to get off.

My acne continued to get better and now after 4.5 months of being off I'm clearer than I've ever been in my life and the feeling is almost unreal.

The only sides I had was, some skin flaking the first few weeks. That went away though. My lips were noticably dry and chapstick was a must. I had some dry eyes at times but not bad and the last month I started to get bad headaches but my term was done anyways. Now my skin is less oily, but not dry, its perfect.

Anyways, I felt I should share my story with others who might be considering accutane. I feel so much better now and summers going to be great. Plus, if I do start to break out again I will not hesitate to get back on the stuff becuase it was not bad at all for me. I hope I never have to deal with acne again.

Good luck to all of you, I know acne sucks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 11:36 PM   #2

mouseee HB User
Re: My Positive accutane story.

great to hear that!

your type of previous acne? weight?

Old 01-17-2004, 01:17 AM   #3

lil mami jas HB User
Re: My Positive accutane story.

WOW, that is great. I am glad that it worked out for you

Closed Thread