It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2003, 05:08 AM   #1
(male)

Vinny2256 HB User
Angry Please help me!!!

I have been writing and writing here about my severe pizza face and nobody is replying!! I am sucidal. My face is covered in red lumps- I can hardly see my lips because the lumps just blend in!!! I hate acne. At least you can do is tell me how to get rid of the darn reddness!!

THANK YOU

Old 03-15-2003, 05:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Smile

Hi Vinny,
Ok guy, we are here for you. Firstly, have you seen a dermatologist to assess the severity of your acne? It sounds like you might be at that point by the sound of your post. Without seeing your face, it is hard to know what to tell you. You may be in need of an antibiotic and something topical, or my be an accutane candidate.....it's hard to say here. Understand that although there is no cure for acne, you can 'control" it. B4 you risk permanent scarring, seek medical intervention. I am an oldie here(I'm 41) and have been to derms all my life. When I stray away from my doctors and my interventions, the acne returns.

So at this point, firstly cleanse with something gentle(not aggressive- scrubbing which will aggravate your condition) and try to keep your hands off your face. See your doctor..it may be a very simple regimen for you to follow, but get started. You'll be happy you did. Read these pages and pages of posts for insights, but not cure alls for everyone. I wish you the very best and we are all here for you to see you through every step of the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2003, 05:26 AM   #3
Inactive

Peanutz1703 HB User
have you seen a dermotologist?

Old 03-15-2003, 02:32 PM   #4
Veteran

Testament HB User
Like someone else said, it sounds like you need to see a dermatoligist and maybe consider accutane. Its the strongest drug that doctors can prescribe for acne and it seems to be very effective.

You arn't alone dude, lots of us here are in the same situation.

Keep your head up!
Good luck!

Old 03-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #5

U4IA HB User
I know how you feel as I have dealt with acne for 36 years. The only way that I found to cope with it was the belief that some how I would beat it. I always tried to have a plan and to stick with it.

In your case the first thing to do is get a referral to a dermatologist. Try whatever he prescribes and keep good notes on how effective it is. If the medication is not working don't hesitate to go back and tell the derm. You are the customer and if you are not getting results you need to speak up. The most important thing is not to give up.

Also find a friend to talk to about how you feel. If you can't find a friend, try a counselor. The effects of bottled up anger over this awful disease can be worse for you health than the side effects of any of the medications used to treat the disease.

Most importantly keep posting and reading the posts. There is alot of valuable information on new drugs and products that may be of help to you.

We all feel your pain.

Closed Thread