It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User
Want to Detox your body? WATER

Yes, Water, drink lots and lots and lots of water, its renown for its detoxing abilitys, mountain spring water(not cold though) is also very good, during the day i drink Evian Mineral Water, which is better than normal water for detoxing, i always find after drinking it (pretty fast), then my face and body is generally less greasy, and i feel alot better, try it, im sure people like prometheus will agree that water is certaintly brilliant for your skin.

Old 01-16-2004, 02:08 PM   #2

blank HB User
Re: Want to Detox your body? WATER

fyi bottled water isn't any better than tap water.

it's exactly the same stuff, with exactly the same 'ingredients' (for lack of a better word)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
Inactive

prometheus HB User

water is great and essential when detoxifying, but can be overdone too. Whether tap water is the same it depends on which brand of spring water you are comparing and to which location of tap water. Everyone should drink some kind of filtered water. I understand isopropyl alcohol contamination in bottled water but I still think it is better than unfiltered tap water, because of things like flouride and chlorine, when i drink bottled water it is from verified sources or I drink distilled water. Sometimes I drink "spring" water.

Old 01-16-2004, 03:14 PM   #4

blank HB User

watch Penn & Teller's "********" on tv (i think it's on showtime?)

they do an episode on bottled water.

it's all the same stuff. it's not any cleaner, or better for you.

but i do agree that water (whatever kind you choose) will help detox your body. i drink as much as i can. 2+ gallons a day, i'd say.

Old 01-17-2004, 08:55 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank
watch Penn & Teller's "********" on tv (i think it's on showtime?)

they do an episode on bottled water.

it's all the same stuff. it's not any cleaner, or better for you.

but i do agree that water (whatever kind you choose) will help detox your body. i drink as much as i can. 2+ gallons a day, i'd say.
yes there is a difference, normal tap water doesn't contain the minerals and vitamins that the filtered Evian water does, or if normal tap water does include these, then it is in a lower dosage, don't always believe what you see on tv, it poisons your mind.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #6

blank HB User

alright...

have fun throwing your money away then.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:38 AM   #7

Aurora M. HB User

I would suggest everyone invest in a filter pitcher. It's actually better to filter your water because you never know what it could have picked up in your pipes. I don't think my tap water tastes that great, but that's my opinion.

Old 01-17-2004, 03:45 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank
alright...

have fun throwing your money away then.
plus tapwater has unwanted impurities, have fun posting more useless messages on this board then.

Old 01-17-2004, 06:51 PM   #9

blank HB User

that's useless?

i'm trying to make you understand that there's no use in spending money on something that you can get for free. all these bottled water companies are run by major corporations (pepsi, coke...etc). their bottling centers are in major cities (LA, New York, Bay Area...etc). They take the water, maybe run it through a few filters, add a few chemicals that kill bacteria, package it up, and sell it for 4 times the price of gasoline.

water's water.

buying water in plastic bottles (that may have long-term effects on your health), isn't going to make your acne go away faster.

Old 01-17-2004, 08:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

I agree with the opening post. Water helps keep my skin clear and moisturized. I love this stuff! It really is an amazing substance if you think about it.

Old 01-17-2004, 08:29 PM   #11

leviathan85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex773310
Yes, Water, drink lots and lots and lots of water, its renown for its detoxing abilitys, mountain spring water(not cold though) is also very good, during the day i drink Evian Mineral Water, which is better than normal water for detoxing, i always find after drinking it (pretty fast), then my face and body is generally less greasy, and i feel alot better, try it, im sure people like prometheus will agree that water is certaintly brilliant for your skin.
Another misconception.
Though you need a certain amount of water to sustain your bodily functions, drinking any more won't have any effect. When you drink more water than your body needs, it is simply peed right back out because osmoreceptors in the hypothalamus sense the higher blood pressure and inhibit the secretion of antidiuretic hormone which normally reabsorbs the water from the kidney back into the bloodstream.

In fact, drinking too much water can actually lead to problems. You can actually wash something out of your body by drinking too much, and that is electrolytes from the kidneys. You need these electrolytes, primarily sodium, to create an electrical gradient to absorb water into your blood from the kidneys. So, it is a weird contradictory effect where drinking excess water can potentially lead to dehydration!

If you did have the ability to drink more water than your body needed, it wouldn't lead to flushing anything out as anything which is excreted into the kidney is reabsorbed along the path by the bloodstream minus any additional amounts that your body contains. So, if you have excess amounts of salt, it enters the kidney, the normal amount is reabosrbed, and any additional salt is left behind to go away in your urine.

Also, if you could drink more water than you needed, it would be potentially dangerous to the body as you would dilute the concentration of the contents inside your cells, leading to a condition called water toxicity, which is similar to drunkeness.

Old 01-18-2004, 01:28 AM   #12

April99 HB User

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about!!
But I think that all this talk about drinking more water isn't about overdosing on water, but simply drinking a bit more water than you ususally do, because people (like myself) tend to drink too little water throughout the day.

Old 01-18-2004, 03:54 AM   #13

leviathan85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by April99
Finally someone who knows what they're talking about!!
But I think that all this talk about drinking more water isn't about overdosing on water, but simply drinking a bit more water than you ususally do, because people (like myself) tend to drink too little water throughout the day.
I think you're right on that one, and that could definitely in some way I'm unsure of help to prevent acne and as well keep your body functioning properly. But just to make an observation, the body is extremely efficient at water retention and you really don't need that much water to sustain the required fluid levels. The old recommendation of 8 glasses a day is apparantly exaggerated according to someone whose opinion I trust.

Old 01-18-2004, 01:23 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Cool, drunk on water?, nah j/k, i guess u can say i drink water excesivelly, because iv'e been advised by so many experts to do so, i find doing this moisterises my skin immensley but doesnt make it all oily, therefore i can put the harsh topicals i may decide to use on, without the risk of drying my skin out, i also take B5, which can dry my skin out, so i tend to drink lots of water to counter balance dryness.

Old 01-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #15

leviathan85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex773310
Cool, drunk on water?, nah j/k, i guess u can say i drink water excesivelly, because iv'e been advised by so many experts to do so, i find doing this moisterises my skin immensley but doesnt make it all oily, therefore i can put the harsh topicals i may decide to use on, without the risk of drying my skin out, i also take B5, which can dry my skin out, so i tend to drink lots of water to counter balance dryness.
Heya vortex.

I don't think being drunk on water would be a good feeling like being drunk on alcohol.

But about the water, if you think it works, then by all means do it.

Closed Thread