It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #1

pjlc HB User
Question What would you recommend I try next?

Hi,

What do any of you think I should try next? My acne consists mosltly of small red bumps, but they are numerous in their localised areas (mainly on forehead and sides), and nonexistant in others (cheeks, nose, etc). In the past, BP and tretinoin worked but stopped working after four years; so 7-8 weeks ago I switched to Tea Tree soap washing 3x per day, and Salycilic 0.5% twice per day (in the morning and before bed). I wash in the afternoon also, because my skin gets really oily already by then.
There is a small improvement with the SA against larger pimples since they aren't really able to form, but the small acne are constantly still there and "reproducing", i.e. not steadily vanishing. Almost always in the same areas.
I've heard that SA can be used up to 3x per day, but I'm afraid it could do more harm then good (drying the skin, etc).
[ I always eat really healthy, no junk, etc. I change pillowcases every few days, excercise normally, and generally live real healthy.]

What do you recommend?

Thanks, pjl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #2

blank HB User
Re: What would you recommend I try next?

b5?

that seems to be the latest craze.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #3

pjlc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank
b5?

that seems to be the latest craze.
Hmm, that's something to consider. It also seems like these megadoses might be detremental in the long run, maybe we (well, I) just don't know. Has there been any real long-term research done on its effects?

Old 01-16-2004, 03:42 PM   #4

blank HB User

lol...

i don't think b5 could be as harmful as tretinoin. that stuff is so toxic. especially toxic for 4 years of use. if you're exposed to sunlight while on it, your face will turn red, and you may get burns/boils. it makes my eyes burn when i get it anywhere near them.

only harmful side effect of b5 that i've heard of is hair loss.
i'm on day 3, and my hair's just the same as it was before.

you don't need to take 10g's a day either....try 2-3 a day, and see what happens.

Old 01-16-2004, 06:23 PM   #5

pjlc HB User

Thanks for the reply. It's strange that when I started taking Tretinoin, nobody told my that it has toxicity...I had to find that out reading much later! It is completely my fault, since obviously it is ultimately the responsibility of the user...

I was reading more about B5, and I think this is something I'd like to avoid for now, even if it looks to be a useful solution based on reports.

Because of the specific type of acne I have (no cysts, or flaming acne, etc., only small red bumps), is there a more specific treatment I should be looking for?

Thanks, pjl

Old 01-16-2004, 08:33 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User

I'm a HUGE fan of Tazorac. I'm now using Triaz cleaner, Benzaclin in the morning, and Tazorac before bed. I've never been this clear in a LONG time, and my acne was BAD before I began. I would definately see a dermatologist... it's worth the money to have my face back.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:48 PM   #7

lil mami jas HB User

Tazorac mabybe? I heard that its supposed to be real good. I just got mine yesterday and I've looked on the net about it. I heard lots of good reviews & a lady at my moms job uses it.She said its awesome, but it makes your face dry sometimes. I used to break out a lot,tried a lot of over the counter stuff and then I tried Retin A for a year and 2 months but it didnt really do anything for me..so now I am using Tazorac..Mabye you should try it too.

Closed Thread