It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2004, 09:40 PM   #1

blank HB User
taking lots of pills (vitamins & more) at once alright?

what the topic says.

i just took 12? at once...(lots of water too)

6 b5
2 ibufrofen
1 flaxseed
1 cal/mag/zinc
1 calcium
1 minocycline

is my liver/stomach gonna tweak out?

should i try to spread it out next time???
does it matter?

thanks.

Old 01-17-2004, 02:09 AM   #2
(male)

JD885 HB User
Re: taking lots of pills (vitamins & more) at once alright?

I'm no doctor, but I don't think it will be all that bad, considering daily vitamins like centrum and what not have those ingredients in them, except the ibprofuen and minocycline.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

well i take 4 250MG B5 pills a day, 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one before i go to bed, totals to 1g a day, i don't think you should put the stress on your organs absorbing all those vitamins at once, so i tend to take it during the course of the day.

Old 01-17-2004, 09:40 AM   #4
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Thumbs down Re: taking lots of pills (vitamins & more) at once alright?

Never take minocyline with calcium because calcium binds with the minocylcine and decreases absorption of the minocycline. Take the calcium at a different time from the minocycline.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:24 AM   #5

blank HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymouth
Never take minocyline with calcium because calcium binds with the minocylcine and decreases absorption of the minocycline. Take the calcium at a different time from the minocycline.
thanks, that's good to know.

especially cause minocycline costs me $1 a capsule. ugh.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:27 AM   #6

Aurora M. HB User

I agree with plymouth. Spreading out the consumption of supplements will enhance the body's ability to absorb them. Do research and talk to your doctor about the order and pairing of your supplements. Certain supplements can inhibit the absorption of others like plymouth said with calcium and minocyline. I can only suggest that you spread your B5 pills out throughout the day; 2 in the morning, 2 at noon, and 2 with dinner. Taking 6 in the morning is not going to give you the full benefits of B5. Your body will absorb what it can and just expel it, so by approx. noon or so they won't be working. I do suggest you take the zinc with the calcium or at least a glass of milk as zinc sometimes tends to aggravate the stomach and calcium helps ease the aggravation and absorb it. Just remember to take your supplements with food (also eases aggravation and enhances absorption) and talk to your doctor.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:35 AM   #7

blank HB User

well i take 18 (9g's) b5 pills during the course of each day....so i am spreading that out a little.

and i usually take calc/mag/zinc & flax seed & mino in the morning and evening....but maybe i'll change that up a little...and do mino in the morning/night and the other two at midday.

Old 01-17-2004, 03:47 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

i think 9g is a little extreme, your body will only absorb what it wants fromt he B5, your just wasting your pills if u take too many, because it simply won't absorb anything in excess, i take 1g a day, and notice no new breakouts.

Old 01-17-2004, 04:18 PM   #9

Nokkad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex773310
i think 9g is a little extreme, your body will only absorb what it wants fromt he B5, your just wasting your pills if u take too many, because it simply won't absorb anything in excess, i take 1g a day, and notice no new breakouts.
yah i dont see the point in taking that much, unless your a huge person.. your just doing overkill cause your body wont even use half of it, i do the samething.. base it on my body weight, lower amounts affect smaller bodies etc ;P

Old 01-17-2004, 06:42 PM   #10

blank HB User

i was actually sorta thinking the same thing...
im gonna cut it way down after the first week and see what happens.

from what i read on this board it seemed like you need to load on it....but i'm starting to doubt that now.

my face has been unbelievably oily since i started it....but i haven't had any new pimples. i just want some old scars (few days old) to go away, and then it should be smooth sailing. i can't wait.

Old 01-17-2004, 08:59 PM   #11

Aurora M. HB User

Loading up on B5 like taking 10g a day is really only if you want to see extremely fast results. It's really all based on how much of it you can retain within a day and your body type like Vortex said. You never know, you could be expelling half of what you take which really isn't beneficial. The best thing you can do that I can think of is to check your urine because I believe if it's "neon" then you taking in more than you need. Of course I could be wrong.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:59 PM   #12

blank HB User

yea. i want to see quick results

it's not too expensive, and my hair's not falling out...

so having too much shouldn't be that much of a problem.

my pees just clear...btw. (drinking lots of water)

Old 01-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #13
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank
yea. i want to see quick results

it's not too expensive, and my hair's not falling out...

so having too much shouldn't be that much of a problem.

my pees just clear...btw. (drinking lots of water)
Yeah, i drink tons of water, i drank around 6 litres yesterday, for some reason i find it funny when my urine is clear..im kinda wierd that way, i think i have pinpointed the real problem of why i would get a zit everynow and then, i had no zits the other day, and decided to test a theory, so ate a load of nasty foods, Bacon, Sausage, Egg, the full monty etc, and woke up with 2 new zits, so if i can avoid these, take my due course of B5, and drink plenty of water like i was doing and i was 100% clear, then it should sort me out easily, oh and the combined usage of a few topicals

Closed Thread