It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2004, 10:50 PM   #1

boring_life HB User
cortozone injections while on accutane

i have alot of really large cysts and im going onto my 3rd months of accutane. these cysts dont seem to be going away. my new dermatologist checked out my face and felt it and she felt it was very inflamed and seemed a bit shocked at how inflamed and swollen my neck was especially after 2 months. she said to come back in a few weeks if the swelling doesnt go down for some injections to try and get the swelling down.

now, ive heard these injections work within hours, but supposedly it comes back a few days later but much worse. i know these injections are probably very painful, but if it will get rid of the swelling and rely on the accutane to keep it clear then ill go over there 1st thing on tuesday to get these things shot with something.

Old 01-16-2004, 10:55 PM   #2

boring_life HB User
Re: cortozone injections while on accutane

also, my cysts are on my neck. its VERY swollen and inflamed. after showers my neck somewhat oozes out a clear/reddish slimey liquid on some of the cysts. is it possibly the cysts just bursting?

my friend told me to use neosporin to help heal my face quicker. ive been using it and theres no scabs or anything, but just redness and bumps. little-no whiteheads ever.

it also hurts my neck to turn it too much so many times i tend to turn my whole body to look around.

my acne has turned from clearing it up for looks, to just wanting to get it cleared up to stop the pain when shaving, turning my neck, and now with accutane- working out

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2004, 06:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User
Re: cortozone injections while on accutane

I appreciate the pain these cysts give you boring_life. I too was passed caring about the cosmetic side of things and just wanted relief from the pain. When I was on my first course of accutane it seemed to make things worse for a few months before things got better. I experienced new breakouts of hyper-sensitive acne on my back, neck and jawline. I too dreaded shaving and could never get comfortable in bed because of them. I would wake up with my bed clothes and pyjamas covered in puss and blood from the cysts bursting in the night. I think the accutane promoted the release of all the residual sebum in my body but also made the new acne less "solid" (if you get what I mean).

It was a horrible time of my life. My dermatologist was shocked and surprised at my half-way check up that I was experiecing it. But I am glad to say that eventually it passed and my skin looked almost good and I've never experienced anything like it since. I don't know anything about the injections but I would ask your dermatologist all about them and find out if they make things worse in the long-run. If not then go for it and reduce the pain. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this

Closed Thread