It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2004, 01:23 AM   #1

Flower_03 HB User
Weird PERMANENT cyst/pimple

Hi, I have a pimple-like lump on my chest (around 10cm down from my neck). I'm not even sure if its a pimple-- its a pinkish colour, is small and hard. It's not painful and doesn't have pus in it or a whitehead. Its been there for over a year..and I'm wondering how I can get rid of it or what its is.

If it was an ordinary zit, it would have gone a long time ago! It bothers me cos you can see it when i wear v-neck tops, singlets etc.. and really stands out.
Has anyone had anything like this and should i see a doctor etc to try and remove it..i don't think it'l go away by itself. is it a cyst of some sort?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-17-2004, 01:50 AM   #2

lil mami jas HB User
Re: Weird PERMANENT cyst/pimple

Yah, I think you should defintely go to a doctor and get that checked out. You never know if it could be serious or not...So to be on the safe side, you should make an appointment with your doctor and see what's up with that.Mabye your doctor can treat so it can go away! I am sure it can be done.Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2004, 02:06 AM   #3
(male)

JD885 HB User

If your male I think i may have had the same thing, the doctor told me one in three males get it. It just went away on its own. it was like a small rock under there, really weird too.

Old 01-17-2004, 02:13 AM   #4

hancho HB User

does it look like a keloid? is it itchy? look it up

Old 01-17-2004, 10:08 PM   #5

Flower_03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD885
If your male I think i may have had the same thing, the doctor told me one in three males get it. It just went away on its own. it was like a small rock under there, really weird too.
Hi, I'm female. How long did you have it on your chest before it went away? Did the doctor say it was a cyst?

Old 01-17-2004, 10:19 PM   #6

Flower_03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancho
does it look like a keloid? is it itchy? look it up
Hi, i've never heard of keloids, but i looked it up and i'm sure its not that. I think Keloids are a type of scar formation and tend to be pretty big. Mine just started looking like a pimple -- but it worries me cos it won't go away. It just started off VERY SMALL (looking like a zit), but it got a bit bigger and stayed there(is only a few milllimetres). On my face, I have 2 pimples that won't go away either (are small and hard, with no pus)--been there for months.

Closed Thread