It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2004, 09:01 AM   #1
(male)

JD885 HB User
another way to make an aspirin mask

i just tried this and it seems to have worked ok. i got an empty spring water bottle, put a bunch of asprin in it, put maybe 3oz water, shook it all for a minute or two. it stays together well and a little bit of the watery paste goes a long way. it looks like the asprin part seperates from the water if you let it sit long, i'm just keeping it cold and shaking it before use.

Old 01-18-2004, 05:47 PM   #2

cookiemonster123 HB User
Re: another way to make an aspirin mask

I've heard good things about the aspirin mask. And I'm going to try it tonight for my first time, I just want to know if anyone that has tried it has had negative or no results?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 02:20 PM   #3

Souxie08 HB User

I tried it for the first time last week...didn't notice much difference except that my skin was really soft. I think I'll keep trying. But I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin so I was nervous on the first try, I figure if I didn't have any negative effects that's pretty safe!

Old 01-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #4

filmoyster HB User

I have been using the aspirin mask every other day for the past week and a half. My skin has really improved - and I have tried every sort of remedy for the past 8 years. It really helps with inflammation - which makes sense as aspirin is anti-inflammitory. Additionaly the aspirin has a molecule similar to salicylic acid - so it must exfoliate the skin the same way. (I checked with my dad - he has a chemistry background as well) I use about 6 aspirin in a small little cap (like for water or a medicine bottle) and add some water and apple cider vinegar. I let it dissolve mix it into a paste, spread it on and wait about 5-10 minutes.

There has been concern that the aspirin will be absorbed into the body through the skin - even so, not all 6 aspirin will be absorbed. Most likely only 1-2 aspiring doses worth would be absorbed at the max, and it shouldn't be a problem to take 1-2 aspirin every other day! This makes sense to me, and I would much rather take the health risk of 1-2 aspirin rather than the health risk of accutane.

So far my skin has been getting smoother, less red, and I have never had as few pre-menstrual acne. This is the first time I have gotten through PMS without a huge breakout.

I can only hope it will get better!

filmoyster

Old 01-21-2004, 09:05 PM   #5
(male)

JD885 HB User

I tried it the first time about 4 days ago, i'm goign to do it every other ngiht for a few weeks, see what happens. I'll update this post then too.

Closed Thread