It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2004, 01:07 PM   #1
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
Post Here is my story

Well. Here is the deal guys.

I had bad acne for 5 years. From age 15 to about 19 or 20.
I tried everything, including all types of antibiotics, but no Accutane.

I then went to a herbal doctor or whatever you call them. Got some body cleansling pills and so forth. You know, clean liver, pure body type talk.
I went on a strict diet on low carb, no dairy, etc.

Further, I got a 5% BP Facial Wash & also 5% Sal. Acid, 5% Glycolic Acid Pads. Used these products 2x a day. The rest of the time, I just washed my face with water.

It has been 6 months with the above method.
I must say, I ws about 95% clean & happy.

Every month I would go to a skin salon and have my skin peeled off with stronger glycolic acid peels & vitamins.

My skin could'nt have been better looking!

-----------------------------------------------

The past 2-3 weeks have been a 180 degree turn-around toward the worse.

My routine never changed. Nothing changed. Nothing. Thats why I am in awe! I am shocked. This seems like a nightmare.

I have 3 cystic lumps next to each other. I also have about 6 or 7 other zits all over my face.

This has never happed to me in a long long time. At least, not since my treatment began last year.

I am very depressed and cannot go out. My face looks horrible and the reasons I do not know.

-------------------------------------------------

Another note I should make: I had a couple of full-blow anxiety attacks in the recent week. I don't know whether or not they have aything in correlation.

I know I am not feeling normal. My stress level is high and I just don't feel like going out because of my skin.

I just cannot believe it. My skin was super clean a month ago and the treatment was promising for months and months, until now!

Help. Advice?

Last edited by Aaron43; 01-17-2004 at 01:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2004, 01:14 PM   #2

John. HB User
Re: Here is my story

You basically answered yor own question. Stress can be strongly related to acne. Just try to not stress for the next few weeks and see if it gets better. Don't change you regimen.

Old 01-17-2004, 04:28 PM   #3
(male)

Karl2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.
You basically answered yor own question. Stress can be strongly related to acne. Just try to not stress for the next few weeks and see if it gets better. Don't change you regimen.
Is cause of acne flare-up stress, or is cause of stress acne?

Old 01-17-2004, 06:48 PM   #4

John. HB User

Well the cause of stress could be acne or could have nothing to do with it. Also the cause of acne could be flare up stress. I'm no expert but it is hard to tell. Just try to see when you get acne if it is when your stressful. They could have no relation though.

Last edited by John.; 01-17-2004 at 06:51 PM.

Closed Thread