It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 05:55 AM   #1

jule80 HB User
Exclamation ok, so whos been able to cure their acne with diet ?

Hi all,

just wondering who has acctually been able to completely eliminate their acne by changing to an acne diet (ie. no dairy, grains etc etc)?

I have read that people have seem major improvements after only 3 days on some diets. Well, I ve been following Jim Iannellis diet for 3 days and so far no improvement. Got 3 new zits today argh !! But promised myself i will stick with it for at least 6 weeks. Fingers crossed !

Just wanted to find out what you people opinions are on acne diets.

C ya !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2004, 06:39 AM   #2
Inactive

prometheus HB User
Re: ok, so whos been able to cure their acne with diet ?

diet worked for me

Last edited by prometheus; 01-18-2004 at 06:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2004, 07:20 AM   #3

fruitisgood0908 HB User

A long time ago I started by cutting out grains, which showed me significant improvement. Until recently I had still been consuming eggs 1-2 times a week, hydrogenated oils (from restaurants...even though I was choosing healthy options such as grilled chicken...most places still use oils...especially buffets), I also know that I consumed some canned/frozen veggies (assuming that most restaurants don't use fresh)...and also regular instant oatmel. In early December I decided to refine my diet more with the suggestions of Prometheus :-) I also started using jojoba oil to moisturize once a day after about 2 weeks...so that may have brought some small stuff to the surface..or I could have been cleaning out from the diet..or I could have been breaking out lol...who knows. But,I am a firm believe in the diet, so I have stuck with it. I generally eat mostly fruit throughout the day, because I'm not in a situation to cook alot...and I LOVE fruit. I also eat steamed veggies...usually mostly green ones...but thats because I love asparagus, zucchini, squash etc. I also cook artichokes sometimes...but thats about as much "cooking" as I do. I also eat nuts and seeds throughout the day, and just ordered some (hopefully good!) raw almond butter...these all completely satisfy my cravings for any protein etc. I was eating fish 1-2 times a week or so...but I'm not able to buy organic fish or line caught (not farm raised..which they sell in grocery stores) fish...so at the moment I've quit eating fish...unless I can get that. The reasons for this is because I've read a few articles lately discussing the toxicity of farm raised fish...and lots of other bad things about it. Besides...if farm raised/grocery store fish has as many toxins and things as I have read about....it surely can't be any better for your skin than hamburger meat. Currently I have one active spot...which could be from numerous things...1. I was under ALOT of stress last week 2. Still cleaning out from previous toxins..since its only been about a month and a half..and your supposed to give it three months 3. I still wear make up....to cover up some past red marks...but thats something I'm not ready to give up lol or 4. All of the fish I ate within the last month :-( And by the way....I'm not saying fish is bad or that grocery store fish will break you out or anything (and yes I was buying it 'fresh' usually in the grocery store) but I am saying that some people may still be sensitive to it. I have seen diet work for so many people...but alot of people do give up..because they think its not working for them. I believe that some people may have to give up more things in their diet to have clear skin..but thats a decision they must make to better their health and their skin. I think Prometheus outlined the diet very well in previous posts, and if your interested you should check it out. The only thing that may still cause some people problems is non-organic meats....but then again it may not. It just depends on what will work for you and how much you can cut out according to your lifestyle. I am completely satisfied with the things I eat...they have all become some of my favorite foods. It's hard to imagine now all of the greasy foods and bread I consumed a year ago...yuck.

Lindsay

Old 01-18-2004, 10:12 AM   #4

jule80 HB User

Thanks for that info Lindsay, I will definately stick with the diet. I was just a little discouraged because so many people have reported an instant cure after just a day or 2, and I havnt noticed anything as yet !! Oh well....

Old 01-18-2004, 01:31 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
diet worked for me
i agree, i saw results from following your diet the next day, no new pimples, but recently decided to test this theory, and ate junk food, wake up bam with 3 new spots, although very small, but still, this has only reassured me and given me more confidence to stick ot your diet, i do believe diet can heals almost all acne..and im sure prometheus has evidential information to back that idea up.

Old 01-18-2004, 03:25 PM   #6

Forcefed4 HB User

Diet didn't help my acne at all. I have kept a log for almost 2 YEARS, and cut out all the supposed offending foods/fluids. I drank tons of water, ate all "skin" foods, and still broke out.

Now I don't worry about my diet, except that I eat more healthy than some because I want to put on muscle and not fat. Still, I eat fast food once in a while, and drink beer. Meanwhile, my skin looks better than it has in 2 years! I have been eating/drinking whatever I want since September, and my skin has never been better.

Seriously, stressing TOO much over diet can make you totally misunderstand what's going on. I still drink water out of habit, but I don't turn down anything that I want to eat or drink. Stressing for 18 months didn't help at all. Only thing I did was cut out a LOT of food that I enjoyed, and never once did my acne get better.

Moderation is the key, for acne AND weight control.

Kev

Old 01-18-2004, 08:56 PM   #7

hotrodheads2004 HB User
Talking Re: ok, so whos been able to cure their acne with diet ?

Read mine about blueberries!!! I was excited!!! Add it to your diet and see what happens!! Kandie

Old 01-19-2004, 07:38 AM   #8

hotrodheads2004 HB User

Read mine about the blueberries. I believe diet is very important but don't forget you do need your complex carbs. That would be your grains, fruits, and veggies. Kandie

Old 01-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #9
Inactive

prometheus HB User

very true, kandie

btw, blueberries are one of the best things you can eat

Closed Thread