It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2003, 09:53 AM   #1

ZC HB User
Post Mascara tips ladies please...

I have a problem when i apply mascara and was wondering if anyone else has it too. i am simply incapable of applying it without getting it all over my eyelid and under my eye, so i always have to remove the excess with q-tips. I love my mascara, its the only eye make up i wear but i just get so annoyed every morning cos im wasting so much time getting off the excess. Does anyone have any tips/brands for me? I use Bourjois.

Old 03-14-2003, 11:37 AM   #2
(female)

too old for this HB User
I use Lancome and it's pretty good, though kind of pricey. (I'm sort of friendly with the Lancome lady at the local mall so she gives me lots of free samples of mascara, you know those mini tubes). It doesn't smear when I'm putting it on.

I only put it on the upper lashes. It got to be too annoying on the lower lashes--it would always run when I sweat or my eyes watered during the day. I don't like the waterproof kind--too hard to remove at night.

Good luck in finding a product.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 02:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User
Also try revlon or Max Factor, they are really good. And for occations add a zip with fake lashes. They bring the eyes out.

Old 03-14-2003, 05:40 PM   #4
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
I hate when it gets on the eyelids! Try Maybelline illegal lengths.

Old 03-14-2003, 05:43 PM   #5

MiamiBarbie HB User
I believe, it is the way you apply it that gets it all over your eyelids and under. Try to take it slower....take your time putting on the mascara itself... that might help.

Old 03-14-2003, 05:53 PM   #6
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Lightbulb

I don't know if this is the most appropriate post for the Acne board , but...

Have you tried looking downwards into the mirror while applying the mascara to your top lashes? This creates a little distance between your lashes and your eyelid, so you might not smear as much on.

You could also try a mascara with a small brush, like the one by Maybelline. Loreal Lash-out has a pretty skinny brush too.

Old 03-15-2003, 03:11 AM   #7

ZC HB User
Thanks for the replies. I think my problem could be that the brush is too thick, so im going to look for one with a slimmer brush. Thing is i really like the colour im using now which is why im reluctant to change, i use brown mascara, black doesnt suit me, so i also have the ordeal of looking for just the right brown, not any brown will do, heh.... and i must stop blinking when i apply it, thats part of the problem, its like a nervous tic, i just cant stop blinking, like im scared of the brush near my eye... i make such a mess on my eyes everyday i sometimes think its not worth it.

[This message has been edited by ZC (edited 03-15-2003).]

Old 03-15-2003, 09:32 AM   #8
Veteran

laur HB User
Try to use a small tissue above your eye between the eyelid and the lashes.....that way the excess goes on the tissue. You could also go to a make up counter and they can show you the best way to apply. Also don't get a "thick" mascara...something light and liquid like will be easier to apply because you just need to barely touch th lashes with it...you don't need to be so precise. ...........Also Open your mouth when you apply.....then you won't/can't blink!!
L

Old 03-15-2003, 09:32 AM   #9
Veteran

laur HB User
Try to use a small tissue above your eye between the eyelid and the lashes.....that way the excess goes on the tissue. You could also go to a make up counter and they can show you the best way to apply. Also don't get a "thick" mascara...something light and liquid like will be easier to apply because you just need to barely touch the lashes with it...you don't need to be so precise. ...........Also Open your mouth when you apply.....then you won't/can't blink!!
L

Old 03-15-2003, 10:35 PM   #10

vwfishy HB User
Talking

maybelline illegal lenghts is great. only put it on the bottom of your top lashes, not the top near the eyelids. that will make a mess.
eye makeup sucks when you wear contacts... at the end of they day i always have black deposits from my eyeliner on my contacts.

Old 03-16-2003, 12:57 AM   #11
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
Do you guys apply it to the top side of your upper lashes(looking down as you apply), or the inside of your upper lashes(looking up as you apply)?

Peace

~*Emma*~

Closed Thread