It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 12:27 PM   #1

buttonnose HB User
any other way besides the pill?

I've been on diane 35 for quite a while to control cystic acne but I'm thinking of going off of it because of other side effects. I don't know if my acne will return or not but if it does, is there any other way to control it? What exactly is causing this kind of hormonal imbalance anyway? diet?

Old 01-18-2004, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User
Re: any other way besides the pill?

the sad thing is with cystic acne, there arnt many things that can control it , i wish there were, i don't have cystic acne but know people who do, maybe diane has killed cystic acne off for you for good, i don't know, but id stick out the side effects any time for clear skin if i had cystic or any sort of mild/severe acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2004, 01:06 PM   #3

LizzardLady HB User

I was on OTC for 2 years and got off that because of the side effects too. My acne got bad, and sometimes they were cystic so I went to a derm. and am on topical stuff now - clindamycin and differin, and after 7 months I'm the best I've been since being on the pill.

Everyone's different, and you need to find out what works for you - good luck!

Old 01-18-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
Veteran

OhMyFace HB User

I wish I had the answer to that because I am in the same boat. I'd like to go off of the pill to get pregnant, but my acne becomes so bad whenever I try...there are some treatments that your dermatologist can give you, but in my experience, most only work for a short while, and you're back on the pill again.

I am about to try colonic cleansing...to detox from the inside out. I have friends who claim great success with skin ailments through cleansing. I also read about accupuncture....but I am not quite ready for that just yet.

Closed Thread