It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

2004-1986 HB User
Unhappy Help before PROM!

I need help BAD! Prom is in May and I have severe ance on my back. Looking at it recently I noticed that it starting to scar and it looks like I have a lot of red freckles on my back. It's mainly on my shoulders and shoulder blades. There is a little on my chest but not that bad. It's also really bad on my chin... it's leading its way towards my cheeks though and I hate the scaring. They say not to pick at your zits or it will scar. Why is my back scaring if I can't even reach it to pick at them?! Someone please help!!

Last edited by 2004-1986; 01-18-2004 at 06:21 PM.

Old 01-18-2004, 07:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
Re: Help before PROM!

spironlatone go to an endo or derm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2004, 07:53 PM   #3

blank HB User

read everything you can on this forum.

start taking (drinking) 1-2 spoonfuls of Flax Seed Oil each day all the way until prom. (for scarring all over)

for acne you gotta go with some sort of medication. diane 35 (im guessing your a girl)...or start taking 2-5g's of b5 daily...or go to the doctor and see what he/she perscribes.

Old 01-18-2004, 08:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

reseach all info on the acne sites on the web.then if you have to go to an endo,md or derm you will be well informed with knowlege about your problem.i told my derm about accutane a year before it came out cause i saw an article about it in a science digest years ago.also i see little mention on this board about thermages.the new enzyme prescription drug that is coming out or the injuv pills.nor have i seen anything posted about radiance a new filler that will last up to 5 or 6 years.this stuff is expensive treatments for teenagers and young adults so i see why a lot isnt mentioned.im starting to this low carb diet also.i cant stick with it 100% but even if it doesnt help your acne it might prevent your kids acne from being as bad as you had.i think my acne was handed down to me by generations of bad eating.it cant hurt to eat healthy foods.dont take illegal drugs or drink or smoke a lot either.my brother did all them and he looks like 70 and hes 47.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
(male)

Karl2 HB User

They say not to pick at your zits or it will scar. Why is my back scaring if I can't even reach it to pick at them?! Someone please help!![/QUOTE]

It is true that picking at acne is bad, but please don't think that abstaining from picking will prevent scarring. Unfortunately scarring is inevitable if your acne is quite serious. The only sure way to prevent scarring is to prevent the acne lesions in the beginning. In regard to scarring, time is of the essence - so get help quickly.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:55 AM   #6

AngelNikki HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004-1986
I need help BAD! Prom is in May and I have severe ance on my back. Looking at it recently I noticed that it starting to scar and it looks like I have a lot of red freckles on my back. It's mainly on my shoulders and shoulder blades. There is a little on my chest but not that bad. It's also really bad on my chin... it's leading its way towards my cheeks though and I hate the scaring. They say not to pick at your zits or it will scar. Why is my back scaring if I can't even reach it to pick at them?! Someone please help!!
you probably better off going to a derm, i agree with everyone try to look up info and look at these boards for info as much as possible, you have time so please dont stress i no its easier said then done but hang in there, also i was thinking even know it might be expensive maybe you can get ur makeup done by a professional.... maybe they will help cover up ur acne on ur chest and back as well.... sorry if i didnt help much.. good luck
When the truth came out
Were you the last to know?
Were you left out in the cold?
What you did was low
------- --------------- ------------- -------- ----

*~BrOwnEyEd ~*

Old 01-19-2004, 07:55 AM   #7
(female)

2004-1986 HB User

Thanks for your advice, I can sure use it!

Closed Thread