It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 09:53 PM   #1

SkinTastic HB User
Help I need to be totally pimple free in 4 month!!

Help is it possible? Please help me.

Old 01-19-2004, 02:05 AM   #2

hancho HB User
Re: Help I need to be totally pimple free in 4 month!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinTastic
Help is it possible? Please help me.
yeah it's possible, just got to research and find one that works for u

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 06:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Yes, and i think its possible to be 100% clear withing One Month, by following a correct diet regime that agrees with you and doesnt add to your skin problems, a good usage of topicals For example, Neutrogena Blemish gel, or something similar to use overnight, a decent diet, lots of water, and a vitamin called Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) will help alot, like hanco said, you just gotta research, and find whats right for you, 4 months is plenty of time to clear up any spots or acne you have, heck 4 months is more than enough time for acne scarring to fade.

Old 01-19-2004, 08:33 AM   #4

ksan36 HB User

Try Proactiv solution!

I have been acne-free for the past 3 years thanks to Proactiv solution. I had
facial acne since I was in my early 20s and it got even worse in my 30s. I highly recommend Proactiv solution (yes, the stuff they sell on the infomercials on TV). It's a 3 step system; cleanser, astringent, and lotion. It works very quickly and is not irritating to your skin. I tried everything before finding Proactiv;
dermatologist, antibiotics, over the counter medication, but everything just
irritated my skin and made me break out even worse.
Proactiv has actually made my skin smoother and healthier; it's not dry and flaky, even in the cold winter months!

Geez, I sound like a Proactiv commercial; but please believe me, this stuff really works! My sister had even more severe acne than me and her face cleared after using Proactiv.

Try it; Proactiv really works! I swear by it! You can buy it online or they have an 800 # that you can call. Acne will not be an issue in your life anymore if you use this stuff faithfully! Really!

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksan36
Try Proactiv solution!

I have been acne-free for the past 3 years thanks to Proactiv solution. I had
facial acne since I was in my early 20s and it got even worse in my 30s. I highly recommend Proactiv solution (yes, the stuff they sell on the infomercials on TV). It's a 3 step system; cleanser, astringent, and lotion. It works very quickly and is not irritating to your skin. I tried everything before finding Proactiv;
dermatologist, antibiotics, over the counter medication, but everything just
irritated my skin and made me break out even worse.
Proactiv has actually made my skin smoother and healthier; it's not dry and flaky, even in the cold winter months!

Geez, I sound like a Proactiv commercial; but please believe me, this stuff really works! My sister had even more severe acne than me and her face cleared after using Proactiv.

Try it; Proactiv really works! I swear by it! You can buy it online or they have an 800 # that you can call. Acne will not be an issue in your life anymore if you use this stuff faithfully! Really!

Good luck!
just because it worked for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone else, ive heardmore bad about proactiv than good, i could bet using another name brand like Clearasill, or Oxy would be better than proactiv too be personally honest.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:41 AM   #6

uniquejp HB User

proactive made my face worse. it was imflammed, red, and burned!!!!!.......i have very sensitive skin so i realized i couldnt use benzoyl peroxide.....it was terrible!

Old 01-19-2004, 12:38 PM   #7

ksan36 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex773310
just because it worked for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone else, ive heardmore bad about proactiv than good, i could bet using another name brand like Clearasill, or Oxy would be better than proactiv too be personally honest.

To Vortex:
You are so wrong! I didn't say it would work for everyone! I said it has had amazing results for me and for several people that I know that have tried it!
You may have "heard" bad things about Proactiv, but I have tried it as have several people I know and they have had good results!

I was merely recommending something that had worked for me and wanted
to pass along what had worked for me! I have very sensitive skin and was amazed at how Proactiv not only cleared up my skin but there was no irritation!
Using junk like Clearasill or Oxy will usually make sensitive skin more irritated and can make acne worse, as I have experienced.

So try not to jump down someone's throat the next time they are merely making a recommendation about a product that worked wonderfully for them!
Have a nice day!

Old 01-19-2004, 02:09 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksan36
To Vortex:
You are so wrong! I didn't say it would work for everyone! I said it has had amazing results for me and for several people that I know that have tried it!
You may have "heard" bad things about Proactiv, but I have tried it as have several people I know and they have had good results!

I was merely recommending something that had worked for me and wanted
to pass along what had worked for me! I have very sensitive skin and was amazed at how Proactiv not only cleared up my skin but there was no irritation!
Using junk like Clearasill or Oxy will usually make sensitive skin more irritated and can make acne worse, as I have experienced.

So try not to jump down someone's throat the next time they are merely making a recommendation about a product that worked wonderfully for them!
Have a nice day!
i didnt jump down your throat, thats an exageration on its own, i was merely stating the fact you had over exageratted the fact proactive is something that it is not, its just a mild combatant for acne, just like Clearasill and Oxy brands, i do know Clearasill's powerfullest product is 10% BP, what is proactives?, and im guessing proactiv is more expensive aswell, i have seen the prices of it..its just sickening how much money these industries are scamming out of us.

clearasill and oxy is not 'Junk', and it doesn't irritate your skin, clearasill is powerful, yet very mild on your skin, unfortunately i can't say the same for proactiv form what iv'e heard, it can often cause severe redness, and dryness, if i wanted to have them side effects, id go bake myself under an oven, i didn't insult your favoured brand, there was no need to call my favoured brands 'Junk', i know Clearasill and Oxy doesn't work for everyone and all skin types, at least i admit that, Proactiv is a failure on it's own, just an over advertised product to take advantage and steal the money from your back pocket!.

Last edited by Vortex773310; 01-19-2004 at 02:12 PM.

Old 01-19-2004, 04:05 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User

If you absolutely NEED to be clear in four months, go to a dermatologist. Proactive, Clearasil, Oxy... you could try but none of them helped me. On prescriptions, I cleared up REALLY fast... no more disappointments, no gimics, no wasting 10 dollars here 7 dollars there on CRAP. If you don't have insurance and money is tight, THEN resort to asprin masks and OTC products. I put it off and put it off, thinking acne would go away... it didn't and I spent months with horrible acne.

Old 01-19-2004, 05:17 PM   #10
(female)

TabbyDog HB User

another good thing that you might want to try is garlic, it's really healthy and is the best antibiotic. straight, raw garlic is best, but kyolic pills are really good, too if you don't want the nasty garlic breath.

hope this helps!

Old 01-20-2004, 05:16 AM   #11

SkinTastic HB User

Thanks guys

Old 01-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #12
(female)

AnitaPita HB User

Proactiv worked for me for a year. And it worked quickly. I had moderate acne with cysts and I was 90% clear within a month. I bought it after I had already been to the derm and had antibiotics, Retin-A, Differin, Clindymycin, etc...
Actually clindamycin worked as well but I could not take the dryness and peeling. After a year of being on Proactiv I suddenly had a terrible breakout on my jawline and cheeks. This may have been from my hormones and I had just started a new BCP. I called Proactiv and they told me to stop using for 2 weeks and start again. I never started again (this was over a year ago) I am now able to control my breakouts by using dove bar soap and St Ives Apricot scrub. So the cure for each person is different, you just have to find the one that works for you. But I would definitely recommend Proactiv if you are looking for quick results. And you must follow the regimen FAITHFULLY you cannot miss days or stop and start. The only way it will work is if you use it EXACTLY as the instructions say. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!!

Old 01-20-2004, 10:37 PM   #13

SkinTastic HB User

Im so totally depressed right now. There's gonna be a big family reunion in about 4 month and Im covered with large zits and scars. I'm just hoping and praying that by May my skin would be flawless. Im going to see relatives that ive never seen for years and I feel crying. I don't know if I should be excited or horrified. Im like crying right now. Uhhh this pimple just wont go away. Im glad that there's people like me here and Im not alone. Thank you guys.

Closed Thread