It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 11:07 PM   #1

boardguy16 HB User
Facial wash, and an accutane question

hey i was wondering if somebody could reccommend a good facial wash for me. i need a natural one (no bp or anything) that is made specially for ultra-mega-hyper sensitive skin, which has been so graciously given to me by the oh so great miracle of accutane. i mean, if you so much as look at my skin you could make it turn red.

Secondly, its been about 3 months since i went off accutane, and i am starting to get a few small pimples again. is it too late to start one of those month-long maintenance things? ive heard you just use tazorac for a month to keep the acne away, is this true?

Old 01-19-2004, 02:03 AM   #2

CourtneyIAM HB User
Re: Facial wash, and an accutane question

Cetaphil or Purpose for the face wash, both ultra gentle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 06:35 AM   #3

hotrodheads2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyIAM
Cetaphil or Purpose for the face wash, both ultra gentle.
I took accutane also and my face was the same way. Right now I have found that Pro-Active is working better than anything I have ever tried as far as topical things go and my face is sensitive from accutane too. I wrote the story about blueberries you should read it before turning to other topicals and see where that might take you. My face was red after a few times of using Pro-Active but the sensitivity got better every time I washed. Kandie

Old 01-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #4

boardguy16 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodheads2004
I took accutane also and my face was the same way. Right now I have found that Pro-Active is working better than anything I have ever tried as far as topical things go and my face is sensitive from accutane too. I wrote the story about blueberries you should read it before turning to other topicals and see where that might take you. My face was red after a few times of using Pro-Active but the sensitivity got better every time I washed. Kandie
so was it the blueberries that helped the most, or was it the proactive? my biggest problem besides the sensitivity is the redness, especially above my mouth.

Closed Thread