It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 08:54 AM   #1

Somtimes Clear HB User
ATTN: Tiramasu

Hey ya,

I noticed you mentioned in a post that you went straight onto Yasmin from Dianette, i am doing the very same on my next period. I would be interested in talking with you about this if it is possible. I am very anxious about changing pills, i know everyone is dofferent but i still would like to have a chat about it.

Cheers,

Claire

Old 01-24-2004, 03:30 AM   #2
(female)

tiramasu HB User
Re: ATTN: Tiramasu

hi claire,

so sorry i didn't reply sooner, i rarely get internet time these days!

i think it is perfectly safe to switch, you just have the break with dianette as normal then start on the yasmin.

i think yasmin's slightly kinder to the body as my blood pressure's reduced a bit and generally i don't get as many headaches as i did with dianette.

skin wise, well, i think my break outs are worse! i think i've been on yasmin for about 4 or 5 mths now, you are meant to give it 6 mths. so i will stick it out. my skins much less greasy tho. i got really skint and started using a crappy cleanser so that could explain my break outs! so today i've gone back to oil of olay daily facials for dry skin and hopefully things should get better. don't get me wrong, the break outs not that bad, i can easily cover with cover up n you can't tell!

good luck with the switch!

Last edited by tiramasu; 01-24-2004 at 03:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2004, 10:48 AM   #3
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

Why are you ladies switching from Dianette? If it did wonders for your skin, why not stay on it? I looked on the internet and most sites say that Dianette is fine for long term use. I'm still trying to decide to start Dianette or Yasmin after I have my baby. I don't want to start Dianette though if there are major problems down the road and I'll have to switch anyway. What do you think?

Old 01-26-2004, 01:04 AM   #4

Somtimes Clear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl1
Why are you ladies switching from Dianette? If it did wonders for your skin, why not stay on it? I looked on the internet and most sites say that Dianette is fine for long term use. I'm still trying to decide to start Dianette or Yasmin after I have my baby. I don't want to start Dianette though if there are major problems down the road and I'll have to switch anyway. What do you think?

Em i dunno what websites you are reading but i have never seen it being advertised as being a pill for long term use, 18 months max is what i have read. My sister suffered an errosion in her womb from it, and was told by 3 different gynos it was only for 6 months max for acne sufferer's, and i was told the same from 2 different doc's and many pharmacists. Im in Ireland and maybe you will hear the same over you side of the world soon enough.

Old 01-26-2004, 01:08 AM   #5

Somtimes Clear HB User

Thanks fro you reply tiramasu, i am just a bit anxious about the thought of break outs, but i take good care of my skin and hope that i dont break out. Besides i dont think my break outs are hormone related, like you i was using the wrong poroducts for my skina nd was not checking if things were oil free. I suppose its all about trial and error..

Old 02-06-2004, 04:14 AM   #6
(female)

tiramasu HB User

hiya again,

colorado girl,i switched from dianette to yasmin simply cos i felt it was starting to lose its power! i was getting more and more breakouts. also i'd been on it 5 years!!

sometimes clear, it used to be thought that you couldn't be on dianette or yasmin for longer than 2 years. regulations in the uk changed last year and it's now considered to be much safer due to the lower hormone levels. when bc pills were 1st invented they contained crazily high doses and women got very ill. as i said i was on dianette 5 years and i'm totally fine as far as i know!

good look with your switch tho!!

Closed Thread