It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 03:23 PM   #1
Unkown

Hair colour to improve complection?

Hi,

I don't get acne much anymore but I'm still on Accutane to make sure. But I am a bit red on the cheeks and this bothers me a little. Now, my hair colour at the moment is a medium brown and I was thinking on dying it black. I was thinking if I dyed it black would this improve my complection and make my face generaly look better. If my hair was black and my face was normal / red in places this would take less attention on my face because of the more difference in colour between my hair and face, and because my hair is black (a very dark colour) it wouldn't make my redness seem as red as it was before. But this is just guessing on my part. Does it have any truth? Is there a general rule about this, such as if your face is pale you should have light coloured hair, if not (such as redness) then go with dark hair?

I know this is edging slightly off-topic but acne is the reason my face is red in places and is why I'm thinking of dying my hair!

Thanks if anyone can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User
Re: Hair colour to improve complection?

This is a good topic. I actually want to dye or add highlights to my hair (in a guy way ) but I don't want to until I'm comfortable with my skin. I hadn't thought about using hair to detract from skin. Anyway, I think I'm with you that a darker colour would give the appearance that your skin was less redenned. But to be sure why don't you try a wig Or you could be more high-tech and edit a digital photo of yourself in a photo application.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 08:08 PM   #3

Gday HB User

I don't think "redness" has anything to do with the actual color of your face. If in general you have darker skin, and it's also red, then your theory seems right. However, if you actually have pale skin, despite the redness, your skin is still pale, and darker hair will only make the redness stand out.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:31 AM   #4

TranscendingAbyss HB User

best way to test this theory is go to a wig shop (every city has one somewhere, check the yellow pages), and try on a wig in the color you want to dye it too.... that will show you if it works or not

Closed Thread