It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 06:39 PM   #1
(male)

GJ777 HB User
Flat red marks from old pimples?

Hi. I was curious as to what you all use to help fade the flat red marks that appear after a pimple has run its course. I think they're called macules. What have you all done to make them disappear?

Recently I've used benzoyl peroxide because it bleaches the redness out. It works alright but it's pretty drying. I've also tried hydrocortizone cream which works alright too.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:03 PM   #2

triggert HB User
Re: Flat red marks from old pimples?

I was also wondering about this, most of my acne has seemed to clear up but its hard to tell sometimes because of all the redness left over from my acne (or it could be the topical solution I'm using but who knows).

Does Benzoyl Peroxide hurt your face in anyway? My skin is really bad about breaking out when I try new things and I hate to try something that might make it flare up but if it takes the redness away it might be worth it.

Thanks,
William "Trigger" Thompson

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 11:32 PM   #3
(male)

GJ777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggert
I was also wondering about this, most of my acne has seemed to clear up but its hard to tell sometimes because of all the redness left over from my acne (or it could be the topical solution I'm using but who knows).

Does Benzoyl Peroxide hurt your face in anyway? My skin is really bad about breaking out when I try new things and I hate to try something that might make it flare up but if it takes the redness away it might be worth it.

Thanks,
William "Trigger" Thompson
If that's the case, I wouldn't do it. It dries my face out quite a bit. And there's always a chance that it won't interact well with your other medication. You might try the hydrocortizone though. It worked fairly well when I used it. I just took a small amount and rubbed it into the red spot.

Old 01-20-2004, 04:27 AM   #4

bartman HB User

They usually take a couple of months to disappear completely, there isn't much you can actually put on them to help.

Old 01-20-2004, 06:22 AM   #5
(male)

mvp81 HB User

exfoliation and time is the best solution

Old 01-20-2004, 08:50 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Vortex773310 HB User

and in the meanwhile, a good coverup can cover flat reds up pretty easil(aslong as there is no dry skin around the area that is).

Old 01-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #7

Marlon19 HB User

I Phuckin hate this. i never had acne before and i use to do alot of things. put regular lotion on my face when i tanned the dark oil spray on my face Never broke out not till last year i dont know what happend i got all these pimples so i popped them thinking they would go away like before but now more appeard and i went threw Hell. i went to my DERMO. got DOXYCLYCLINE and Benza-Clin (Clindamycin-benzoyl peroxide gel) and yah grea my acne is gone 1 or 2 here n there. but now i got all these phickin RED MARKS on my FACE. i hate it no one in my FAMILY has any HISTORY at ALL of Acne as we speak my Sister brother and MOM go tan and throw the dark tannin oil on there bodys and Face but me i cant only my body too much oil now for my Face. WHY ME this Sucks. im going onto 20 this **** started at 18 1/2. Now im going threw LASER Serg. How Does that WORK ? anyone ever had it done. im going in for a consoltation on Mon. DOes it really work. would i get my old clean face back ? ? ? ? ? im really NEW to this and i dont know. my friends say i dont got ***** compared to other people who have acne. but this is enough for me. i want them GONE.

Last edited by Marlon19; 01-21-2004 at 05:46 PM.

Closed Thread