It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2003, 01:06 AM   #1

lanalane HB User
Post FINALLY!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif
I haven't posted here a lot but have been lurking for a while. I just wanted to share my great news! For more than a year I haven't been able to look at myself in the mirror because I hated my face so much. 2 months ago I tried cleocin-T but didn't notice a difference. I'd been using Clinique 3-step for several years and a friend convinced me to try Este Lauder. So I used the splash away cleanser, the refining cream (I forget what it's actually called), and the wonderful moisturizer. After 2 weeks my face is beautiful!!! There's not a blemish anywhere and my skin feels soft and smooth again. Today I went to the grocery store without makeup and then spent the evening with friends WITHOUT MAKEUP!!!! I actually cried before I left home because I was so happy.
All this time I thought I was using the right stuff for my face since Clinique was supposed to be the good stuff, but apparantly I'd been using it for too many years. I was missing the problem and it was right under my nose!

Thanks for listening to (reading) my rambles. Most of my friends are so tired of hearing me talk about my skin and my mom just tells me I'm being vane.

One problem though - I'm so excited and can't stop bouncing!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2003, 09:39 AM   #2
Veteran

Testament HB User
Wow, congratulations on your clearness. How old are you and how bad was your acne?

Thanks.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:06 AM   #3

Different Approach HB User
Thats great news, truly i'm happy for you, knowing the pains of acne. Once u see yourself becoming more and more clear you start feeling incredible, u just cant explain how happy you are, i assume is why u have the frogs and !!! at the beggining of your post! Good luck

Old 03-09-2003, 02:34 PM   #4

MiamiBarbie HB User
I have tears in my eyes just about reading your success! What is that product you have used? I have used everything in this world already and cannot look at myself. It is even worse, because I only got acne one year ago at the age of 23. My husband won't even look at me anymore and I have not gone out since. Thank you.

Old 03-09-2003, 02:52 PM   #5

Rosie20 HB User
MiamiBarbie,

What is that nonsense about your husband?! I don't want to judge, but what about "for better or for worse"? Have you tried confiding in him about how this adult acne onset is affecting you psychologically?

I'm sorry you're having troubles... I certainly can identify with you. Just remember that TRUE beauty does not come from your skin.

Old 03-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #6

iluvgum HB User
I too started getting acne at 23. I am know 24 and I am still struggling with it. I wish there was magic out there to fix it?? However, it does help that my husband is supportive. I am really sorry about yours. Do women go through any particular hormone chges at this age?
Thanks,
Melissa

Old 03-09-2003, 07:09 PM   #7
(female)

Fedupwithit HB User
I hate to tell you , but I am 32 years old, and I am still battling with acne. It started getting worse at about 25 years of age. I thought that it would be gone by now, but it's only worse. I thought I would be worrying about wrinkles now, not acne.

Old 03-09-2003, 09:17 PM   #8

depressed angel HB User
I'm so happy for your success!! I was wondering where exactly you got your products from? I've never heard of that name. But congrats!!

Old 03-10-2003, 01:33 PM   #9

cholo HB User
Wink

hi lanalane i'm so glad that these products are working for you and have cleared your skin congratulations you deserve it what kind of refining cream are you using what is the name and what kind of moisturizer and what's the name hey maybe this is something i can really use as well to get my face clear i have tryed clinique for 7 yrs then it messed up my face real bad so now i have been using cetaphil and aloe vera gel it's working pretty good but hey it's always nice to get other opinions from someone else. sometimes other people's ideas really work i love this site alot.

Old 03-10-2003, 01:59 PM   #10

jan1492 HB User
I'm glad to hear abt. your succes.
It seems to me that the reason is not the NEW products, but that you STOPPEd the clinique.
IMHO the 3-step is about the worst thing you can do to your skin.
My acne problems started after i used it on my -up to then beautiful - teenage skin.
It is just so harsh.
You are prob. not even prone to breakouts, but Clinique is enough to tearn baby skin into breakout frenzy rashes.
stay away!
again, good for you!

Old 03-10-2003, 03:29 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Hey, I'm so happy for you! I'm claer now from using the pill, but I still have my scars. Grrrr! Ahh well, one step at a time.

MiamiBarbie- You poor thing! What is your husbands problem? Sorry to judge but man does he sound like hes being a *****! Beauty comes from within!

Old 03-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #12

lanalane HB User
sorry it took me so long to reply! For those of you who wanted to know what I've been using, I got it all at Estee Lauder at the mall. I'm using their splash away cleanser, Idealist Skin Refinisher, andLightsource transforming moisture lotion. After my showers my face usually has a lot of red and shows old blemishes but after using these it takes the red out. I know this doesn't work for everyone but it's been great for me. I didn't think the splash away stuff would be strong enough as a cleanser but it has. after using it I use a gentle exfolient twie a week.

yes, getting off the clinique was also a big part, but i don't understand why. I'mm 25 now and have used clinique 3-step since i was 16. do you think my skin just got immune to it?

I'm 25 and only started having problems with acne about a year ago. It was only moderate acne, but before this I'd had a perfect complexion. At first I thought it was just from stress. I had jaw surgery about a year and a half ago and was very stressed after that. I thought it could also have been from the antibiotic because they sometimes give me acne. My other thought was that it was a side affect from the 2 antidepressants I'd started around that time, but I wasn't on those long and the acne stuck around even after I'd stopped taking them. Guess it will just be a mystery.

MiamiBarbie - personally i think your husband is being selfish. no one should be judged on their looks - especially by someone they love.

Old 03-14-2003, 09:27 PM   #13

AlpineX HB User
Can u get the Estee Lauder stuff at a store like rite aid or does it have to be the mall

Old 03-15-2003, 12:56 PM   #14

lanalane HB User
no, it's only available at the mall in stores that sell things like Clinique and Lancome and stuff like that in department stores. I think you can probably get it online. Try just adding .com after Esteelauder or do a search. Goodluck

Old 03-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #15

rapunzelle HB User
Angry

ladies...i am 36 and my skin this last year was worse than ever...i am CONVINCED this is due to hormonal instability and we are s.o.l. as far as the medical community goes.... they play trial and error with meds and creams and most of it only works for a few weeks then you get backlash breakouts worse than before.... i hate the thought of using accutane but i am seriously considering it.... we need to find a way to test oour hormone levels and and normalize them... acne comes from an internal imbalance....

Closed Thread